Thread: CFC Director-at-large position in 2018

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Default CFC Director-at-large position in 2018

Can anyone give a quick summary of the CFC Director-at-large position's duties (a non-Executive, it says in the CFC News forum in a post by Vlad), as they stand under the current version of the CFC Handbook? Also, is there anyone yet running for this position in 2018?
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Blog Entries

I believe Mark Dutton is once again running for this position which is what was once the past president spot but which is not a permissible naming option under the NFP act. Mark votes on matters submitted to the board and weighs in with his opinion where solicited. He is a member of the board and also a member of the executive. There may be a typo in the meeting agenda but this is definitely a position on the board (executive).

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Good to know there's someone experienced running for the [Executive] position. There was definitely a typo in the meeting agenda, as I looked more than once (though I have been known to see things at times).

I'm planning to pay Halldor my CFC membership on Thursday, after I'd let it expire. Don't know whether Bob G. will receive it by Monday (when the AGM starts), but at least for a moment I had a sudden itch to try to return to chess politics.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Good to know there's someone experienced running for the [Executive] position. There was definitely a typo in the meeting agenda, as I looked more than once (though I have been known to see things at times).

I'm planning to pay Halldor my CFC membership on Thursday, after I'd let it expire. Don't know whether Bob G. will receive it by Monday (when the AGM starts), but at least for a moment I had a sudden itch to try to return to chess politics.

There are a number of unfilled volunteer positions which come with a voting membership. Who knows, you could even wind up as CFC president at some point.