Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's hot in real world news?

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Here's the wiki re: a list of conspiracy theories (many); who knows, with so many, a fair number may turn out to be true:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iracy_theories

[edit: unless I missed it, I'm a bit surprised Amelia Earhart's disappearance is not mentioned.]
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 10-22-2018 at 01:51 AM.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Here's the wiki re: a list of conspiracy theories (many); who knows, with so many, a fair number may turn out to be true:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iracy_theories

[edit: unless I missed it, I'm a bit surprised Amelia Earhart's disappearance is not mentioned.]
    I really don't get that logic. Sheer volume does not imply probability.

Blog Entries

I was being a bit tongue in cheek, though IMHO some of these theories seem more probable, or supported by evidence that's at least circumstantial, than others, e.g. Global Warming denial based on suspected political interests, supposing some sort of a JFK assassination conspiracy...

[edit: more of these theories that IMHO seem plausible/probable to some degree: Chemtrails (fwiw, I myself saw lattice-style trails over Ottawa a decade or two ago, whatever can make them), Korean Airlines Flight 007, New Coke (maybe), Hitler survived WWII (maybe), New World Order, Illuminati (George Soros relates to previous two), Freemasonry, Antichrist (but that not belonging in Bible), UFO's (who knows what they are, at least some may be satanic illusions), False flag operations (may be more common than thought), Cultural Marxism, Deep State, Alternative therapy suppression, RFID chips maybe commonly implanted? (soon?), Technology suppression. Plus, Amelia Earhart may have been on a pre-WWII espionage mission on her last flight?]
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 10-23-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Blog Entries

Fwiw, here's the conservapedia entry on Cultural Marxism:

https://www.conservapedia.com/Cultural_Marxism

P.S.: I did an extensive edit to my previous post.

Blog Entries

Canada's coming federal tax on pollution... brought to you by The Masters of Deception.

The coming federal tax has been deceitfully named, conflating 'pollution' with 'carbon' taxation. Worse still, Justin Trudeau claims it will put money in your pocket by the use of rebates in provinces opting out of his carbon taxation scheme.

A) Pollution is not necessarily carbon, as if emitting carbon is really bad (e.g. simply breathing by organisms);

B) How does Canada supposedly giving money back to families provide a disincentive to pollute (i.e. emit carbon of whatever sort, if given in honest terms)?

I hope not too many people are dumb enough to fall for this crap. However, many voted in J.T. and the Libs in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Canada's coming federal tax on pollution... brought to you by The Masters of Deception.

The coming federal tax has been deceitfully named, conflating 'pollution' with 'carbon' taxation. Worse still, Justin Trudeau claims it will put money in your pocket by the use of rebates in provinces opting out of his carbon taxation scheme.

A) Pollution is not necessarily carbon, as if emitting carbon is really bad (e.g. simply breathing by organisms);

B) How does Canada supposedly giving money back to families provide a disincentive to pollute (i.e. emit carbon of whatever sort, if given in honest terms)?

I hope not too many people are dumb enough to fall for this crap. However, many voted in J.T. and the Libs in the first place...
    Kevin, my old chess friend, I come to this forum precisely to ESCAPE politics. Please post lotsa CHESS stuff!

Blog Entries

I'll have to think about that... if I do you and Ken a favour, I might be letting down everyone else who ever reads this thread (lots of views, few responses so far though). Not only that, but lose my own internet voice for non-chess topics a bit (including stuff other than politics).

I was following Bob G's old precedent of creating a non-chess thread ('I really hate banks') on this forum. Anyone who dislikes such threads (rare as they are here, so far, in this fairly inert board as far as postings of any sort go) might simply elect not to read them, unless they hope for reading other non-chess stuff than politics that might prove interesting, I suppose.

Blog Entries

Updated Globe & Mail article "Is Wikipedia becoming a hub for propaganda"?:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...article963373/

Blog Entries

If you think facebook is bad...:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Credit_System

Blog Entries

Some very alarming stuff, that was, however, condoned by Canadian PM JT himself in the House when questioned. An old loophole in federal law re: Statcan requesting documents comes back to bite us, as they've not at all been restrained by the Liberal Government, which flippantly accuses the Cons of being dataphobes.

Will your bank and credit info wind up someday in the hands of, e.g., the CRA? Your only hope for a good night's sleep might be to appeal ASAP to your bank to make a stink to the federal government, or perhaps pull out your money and keep it with smaller institution(s) in order to continue to protect your financial privacy for real:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4604640/a...coop-scrutiny/
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 10-30-2018 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Adding content

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast