Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Average number of CFC Discussion Board members who visit per day in recent times?

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Fwiw, when I view who's online on this CFC Discussion Board from time to time, I notice over and over that old thread(s) involving or started by Bob Armstrong are being viewed or sent to a friend, even, by the odd guest to this Board. IMHO, Bob A. was a man of controversy here, and thus, in a way, our main counterpart to regular chesstalk poster Paul Bonham, while Bob A. still posted here some years ago.
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 07-25-2018 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Spelling
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

I will never compare Bob A and Paul B.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Fwiw, when I view who's online on this CFC Discussion Board from time to time, I notice over and over that old thread(s) involving or started by Bob Armstrong are being viewed or sent to a friend, even, by the odd guest to this Board. IMHO, Bob A. was a man of controversy here, and thus, in a way, our main counterpart to regular chesstalk poster Paul Bonham, while Bob A. still posted here some years ago.
    Hi Kevin:

I regularly visit this discussion board but don't post a lot so I will usually just be seen as "guest". I really appreciate your contributions though, particularly recently. You've created quite a number of interesting topics which are worthy of discussion. I'll eventually get around to replying to some of them.

Steve

P.S. I agree with Ken Craft. I don't remember Bob A. ever being a poster of controversy here (or on Chesstalk--although I never paid much attention of the climate change or Trump threads there). Perhaps you're confusing him with someone else.

Blog Entries

Thanks for replying guys. Bob A. had a lot of controversial positions when it came to CFC politics, at least, e.g. advocating OMOV, and the abolition of a separate women's chess 'system' everywhere. Of course, I'm stretching things to compare Bob A. to Paul B., though at least some thought both could be rather unreasonable/stubborn. The CFC Discussion Board is rather mild compared to what some denizens of chesstalk have produced at times, I know.
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 07-25-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Grammar
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Thanks for replying guys. Bob A. had a lot of controversial positions when it came to CFC politics, at least, e.g. advocating OMOV, and the abolition of a separate women's chess 'system' everywhere. Of course, I'm stretching things to compare Bob A. to Paul B., though at least some thought both could be rather unreasonable/stubborn. The CFC Discussion Board is rather mild compared to what some denizens of chesstalk have produced at times, I know.
    WHOA. I must say Kevin that I am unhappy with those people being compared. Bob A was a gentleman, both online and in person. I looked forward to our interactions.

Blog Entries

I know what you mean, Aris, though there was at least that time in an old online OCA meeting where Bob A. pushed for one more GTA league VM position, to be taken away from another league (namely our own EOCA)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12