Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memberships software

Default Memberships software

My two cents looking for the memberships software:

* It must integrated with the rating system. Especially with new members - after the registration they should get CFC # and it shall show up in the rating file with the exact name.

** TDs shall be able to create new members or renew for other without getting much into personal information own and/or players.

*** It would be great that the CFC adopt the system where the membership would be not required to play in tournaments. Running the club one of burdens is chasing players to renew their CFC memberships.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    *** It would be great that the CFC adopt the system where the membership would be not required to play in tournaments. Running the club one of burdens is chasing players to renew their CFC memberships.
    Short of significantly raising the rating fee, how do you see that working?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Short of significantly raising the rating fee, how do you see that working?
    Significantly is about three times.
    From reports: 50k membership + 30k rating fees ~ 3*30k
    Thinking that it costs to handle memberships, that significantly maybe would drop to two.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

I just don't see that working. You would raise rating fees to $6 or $9 and hope that would cover the costs? Your numbers don't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I just don't see that working. You would raise rating fees to $6 or $9 and hope that would cover the costs? Your numbers don't add up.
    Your sentence lacks any math at all to claim that.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Significantly is about three times.
    From reports: 50k membership + 30k rating fees ~ 3*30k
    Thinking that it costs to handle memberships, that significantly maybe would drop to two.
    Your sentence lacks any math at all to claim that.
    I used your assumptions. Two times the current rating fee is $6 plus hst. Three times the current rating fee is $9 plus hst.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I used your assumptions. Two times the current rating fee is $6 plus hst. Three times the current rating fee is $9 plus hst.
    Though? Where do a math not work?

From 2018:
    Memberships (note 5) 56,025
    Rating fees (note 6) 40,670

56k + 40k= 96 k
    96 / 40 = 2.4

That is a simplest model to let the organizers to organize tournaments without collecting the CFC memberships. You can make it more sophisticated.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

The problem with tripling the rating fee, is that I think it will kill a lot of CFC activity in smaller club events.

Blog Entries

Not to mention it punishes the people who play all the time to the benefit of those who only play once or twice per year. Activity should be encouraged!

Actually I can see both sides of that argument. But you also have the issue of potentially unpredictable income?
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    Not to mention it punishes the people who play all the time to the benefit of those who only play once or twice per year. Activity should be encouraged!

Actually I can see both sides of that argument. But you also have the issue of potentially unpredictable income?
    The system can be more sophisticated: those who play more could get a refund back from the CFC; they also could register (become members) with the CFC for other benefits and support. My point is to remove the burden of collecting/checking/double-checking memberships by organizers.
    .*-1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast