Personally I mostly avoid Chesstalk as I've been regularly offended by the trolls. If they are taking steps to stamp that out well good on them!

The other reason Chesstalk isn't of great interest to me is that it mostly deals with Ontario and Quebec matters and while BC people instinctively "know" things only matter if they take place in ON and QC (that's a joke folks!) they tend to mean it on ChessTalk.

The third reason is that I am an officer of the CFC and no matter how much you say you are speaking for yourself not the CFC many will always assume you are in fact speaking for the CFC which is a situation I am not completely comfortable with and I am particularly uncomfortable being in a situation where I and fellow officers are being baited to respond in kind. No thanks.

So yes if ChessTalk is serious about dealing with the trolls, it might become a more useful tool though to be perfectly honest I'd prefer this forum became the 'go to' place for chess news in Canada. (These days I mostly read my e-mail and TWIC)