Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
I don't think it's been suggested that the Youth Committee should have power to set fees and I for one would oppose that. I'd be happy to listen to their recommendations and take their input very seriously but the national Executive and the Assembly are the CFC's legislative bodies (for different issues).
You're right, Lyle - it's never been suggested that the Youth Committee should have power to set fees.
Youth Committee should discuss all matters related to youth chess in Canada and prepare Motions and recommendations for the national Executive and the Assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
I would DEFINITELY welcome a list of major national and international youth events linked to the top of the CFC home page. I really like what the USCF (uschess.org) does with their 'announcements' block though I would prefer ours higher on the page than that.

Their current announcement block covers
US Chess Transgender Policy »
US Chess Announces World Cadet Qualifiers [UPDATED] »
World Youth Qualifiers Announced [UPDATED] »
2018 Pan-American Junior, June 19-24 in Ecuador »

which I think is what Michael is talking about.
In fact, I was talking about Youth Coordinator Report.
Sorry, if I missed it.
The Assembly needs to know:
What's going on in Canadian youth chess?

In particular, the registration for 2018 Pan-American Junior, June 19-24 in Ecuador should be closed by this time.
Who will represent Canada there?
How players were selected?
We already discussed such issues previously, and decided that it should be a transparent process.
Unfortunately, the lack of information - still is the main problem of Canadian youth chess.