Thread: Chesstalk is offline for maintenance

Default Chesstalk is offline for maintenance

So it says, and has said for a couple of days now... of course this is not unexpected - Chesstalk message forum has been sold and this maintenance is likely the transfer to the the new owners.
    I am sure they have no real good estimate on when it will be complete, it will be interesting to see the new version when they are done - I understand the new owner will use a more up to date version of the forum software (Vbulletin) - that should eliminate many or all of the persistent bugs and exploits that haunted the old CT. Perhaps all the old forum posts will appear in an archive or maybe they will just carry on with no specific changes to the forums for now? We will see!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    So it says, and has said for a couple of days now... of course this is not unexpected - Chesstalk message forum has been sold and this maintenance is likely the transfer to the the new owners.
    I am sure they have no real good estimate on when it will be complete, it will be interesting to see the new version when they are done - I understand the new owner will use a more up to date version of the forum software (Vbulletin) - that should eliminate many or all of the persistent bugs and exploits that haunted the old CT. Perhaps all the old forum posts will appear in an archive or maybe they will just carry on with no specific changes to the forums for now? We will see!
    Hi Kerry,

You are correct. I am hoping the process will not take too long. I have suggested to the new owner, to get the board active as soon as possible even if it is not perfect...but that decision is his to take.

He is working with the CMA IT guy, Christian Lacasse, to make it happen. I am sure ChessTalk will be back better than ever!

Larry

I just received this update from the new owner:

''As the domain and vBulletin transfers will take some time (apparently due to the recent contact changes made on your domain), as per our discussion Christian is now reactivating the site.

When the transfer is ready for completion, Christian will take the site down (should be only a few hours) and send us the required files to complete the transfer to our hosting company.''

The site is back up. Still lots to fix.

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Bevand; 04-13-2018 at 08:02 PM.

It's back up now, but my CPU usage still spikes when I'm connected to it.