Thread: can we not post new threads on CFC News any more?

Question can we not post new threads on CFC News any more?

that button seems to have vanished ...

I can see the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    I can see the button.
    I guess you have greater privileges than me. If that's the new posting hierarchy, I'm OK with that, but I was just wondering in case it was an inadvertent "feature" change.

Blog Entries

I guess this question needs to be asked, Aris. I see where you were able to post previously.

I think there should be a restriction on who can post on CFC News, either to Directors / Officers or include the Voting Members - but the posting should be actual News or else there is the Chat or Tournament Announcement Page.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I guess this question needs to be asked, Aris. I see where you were able to post previously.

I think there should be a restriction on who can post on CFC News, either to Directors / Officers or include the Voting Members - but the posting should be actual News or else there is the Chat or Tournament Announcement Page.
    Hi Fred, I am fine with that decision. I just didn't realize that it had been recently implemented. I guess we're done here?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Hi Fred, I am fine with that decision. I just didn't realize that it had been recently implemented. I guess we're done here?!
    I talked with Site Administrator, Chris Mallon, last night. He thinks that as a result of hacking efforts there might have been a temporary "lifting" of the restrictions on who can post CFC News. I think it is presently limited to the Directors (Executive) and Special Officers. Anyone else can send CFC News to the CFC Executive Director, who can then post it.

Tournament announcements should only go on that Forum, which leaves everything else to the Chat Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    I talked with Site Administrator, Chris Mallon, last night. He thinks that as a result of hacking efforts there might have been a temporary "lifting" of the restrictions on who can post CFC News. I think it is presently limited to the Directors (Executive) and Special Officers. Anyone else can send CFC News to the CFC Executive Director, who can then post it.

Tournament announcements should only go on that Forum, which leaves everything else to the Chat Forum.
    Yup, I totally understand and support.