Thread: Has the web address for the CFC Discussion Board been slightly altered within months?

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Default Has the web address for the CFC Discussion Board been slightly altered within months?

I've avoided Canadian chess websites for many months (since I picked up virus trouble from chesstalk and also after clicking on 'Ratings' when visiting the main CFC website, which I'm guessing is not a problem nowadays in case of the latter). I figured someone nasty may have had something against Canadian chess players/persona online.

I tried to find and then visit the CFC Discussion Board using a Google Search, in recent days, but that did not lead to a successful outcome when I clicked on one of the links found with my search. Nor did I have success when clicking on a Google search result for one of my older blog entries for this Discussion Board. I then emailed a member of the CFC Executive, who provided me with a link to this Discussion Board that did succeed for me when clicking on it. He did not seem to be sure if the main CFC website software had been upgraded as he thought might have been the case, nor did he hint at any possible such upgrade for this Discussion Board, and I did not press him on either for more clarity.

Is it possible the web address for this Discussion Board has been slightly altered, say by a software upgrade? Did I miss the news of this somehow? I had wiped the Discussion Board from my Favorites list long ago. In any case, I'm hoping that e.g. fresh looks by Google bots will eventually pick up all the proper links to all my old blogs (if such are changed, too), and eventually these will replace all the old Google search results that show the former links to all my old blogs (again, if these are not now identical to what they were before, if that's possible).

I'm hoping someone might be able to shed more light on any of these possibilities, if only to satisfy my curiousity.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

I just looked with a Google search and found my latest blog entry, that is since I started visiting here after months off. When I clicked on the search result, I did not see my blog entry or any part of this Discussion Board, but rather saw a weird dynamic message page that among other things claimed I did something wrong. My virus scan didn't reveal anything, but maybe I haven't scanned long enough, or lack sufficient protection if I've picked up anything.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Very useful datapoints, thank you Kevin for explaining all the symptoms. I would venture to say that the CFC Forum didn't have viruses / malware in 2018 (Bob and Chris are doing a good job, thanks!) but some settings are clearly weird. The view counter problem can also have its origins there.