Thread: new(?) Chess Education offering in Toronto area

Default new(?) Chess Education offering in Toronto area

I just ran across this the other day (likely via a post on Twitter, but I don't recall exactly)

https://www.chesseducation.net

This seems to be a relatively new operation in Toronto although it might just have escaped the radar...
    Operated by 'Adam Siegel'

I am not sure this is fully up and running - I couldn't find any way to figure out membership prices (other than the cost of various workbooks etc)
    and it seems they have a "Club" environment as well...

I posted this info on ChessTalk but the post was REMOVED without any bother of notifying me (of course). I guess it was considered competition for C&M

Blog Entries

Default Chess Education events in Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    I just ran across this the other day (likely via a post on Twitter, but I don't recall exactly)

https://www.chesseducation.net

This seems to be a relatively new operation in Toronto although it might just have escaped the radar...
    Operated by 'Adam Siegel'

I am not sure this is fully up and running - I couldn't find any way to figure out membership prices (other than the cost of various workbooks etc)
    and it seems they have a "Club" environment as well...
    They had their first tournament just recently. The event is CFC rated. A modest turnout of 6 players but they're still game. They've also got 3 events coming up in March (which should be posted this evening on the CFC Upcoming Tournaments).

I posted this info on ChessTalk but the post was REMOVED without any bother of notifying me (of course). I guess it was considered competition for C&M
    I think they charge a fee over at ChessTalk for upcoming tournaments. There were probably other factors as well.

A new tournament organizer. Like flowers growing in a battlefield. It's always a pleasant surprise.

I have no idea how much revenue that new charge for posting events on Chesstalk might be bringing in, but I think the loss of goodwill more than offsets the paltry amount of money. It seems they have this idea that ChessTalk (and perhaps the archives of it?) are worth a lot and they are still looking for a buyer. I cannot even think of more than a couple of people or entities who would be seriously interested - it is time to take down the tents and sell the livestock.

Blog Entries

The CFC might have been interested in purchasing chesstalk if the price were quite a bit lower and if we could somehow scrub the archived posts of all libelous material. This is not a small consideration as an unfavourable decision or two could wipe out all of our assets. As it is, we have our own forums which seem to have picked up a bit of late. Obviously we have no intention of ever charging to post news of tournaments as that would just be shooting ourselves in the head.