Thread: Elevate My Chess Canada Inc

Default Elevate My Chess Canada Inc

Hi Chess Players / Chess Parents

Elevate My Chess Canada Inc was born in the middle of last year ( 2017 ). Time flies and now is already beginning of 2018

We are a Canadian based company founded by chess lovers who have now created a community for fellow chess lovers and those interested in learning more about the game of chess. Our goal is simple, we are in business to elevate your chess experience! Here is what you will expect from your interaction with our company:

Check us out on the link below :

https://elevatemychess.com/about/

Currently we are organizing 4 tournaments :

1. Ontario Junior Chess Championship ( OJCC ) - Jan 27-28, 2018. Revived after a lapse of couple years. IA Danny Goldenberg is coming all the way from Montreal to arbiter the tournament.

2. Oakville Winter Open - Feb 2-4, 2018. A score based prize tournament and first in Canada. IA Danny Goldenberg is the person running the show. This is our maiden weekend tournament. We would love to see who gets the first perfect score. We welcome players of age to join us.

3. Ontario Girls U19 Chess Championship - Feb 24-25, 2018 which serves as a qualification to 2018 Susan Polgar Foundation Girls Invitational ( SPFGI ) and also CYCC in Quebec. Winner is provided travelling allowance of $ 500 subject to condition. FA Vadim Tsypin is coming all the way from Montreal to arbiter the tournament.

4. Mississauga CYCC qualifier - Feb 24-25, 2018 which serves as a CYCC qualifier to CYCC in Quebec July 1-5, 2018. Slow rated games ( CFC and FIDE rated for some sections ).

We will be organizing newer and better tournaments in the coming months. We are still learning the ropes and we promise we will get better from tournament to the next tournament. It is our promise to players and parents. Do give us feedback after each tournament at the end of the tournament where the players will be asked to provide feedback. We constantly hear feedback and strive for improvements as much as we can.

Cheers to Chess in Canada

Gary Hua

EMC
    Last edited by Gary Hua; 05-20-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Great work, Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Great work, Gary!
    Thanks Vlad. Just trying do my part in promoting Chess in Canada.

We do hope players from Windsor will come and play in our Oakville Winter Open. I spoke to Rohan's mom and she said probably they will come alongside with other strong juniors like Adam G and others. It will be awesome if Windsor's top players are joining the fierce competition.

We would like to invite you to come and play as well as it is an honor for our maiden tournament to have you as President of CFC in our tournament.

Thanks so much.

Cheers

Gary Hua

EMC

Blog Entries

I would love to attend but unfortunately its not possible at this time. I am encouraging others to attend and think its a great idea and hope to see a very successful tournament.

Exciting times ahead for Elevate My Chess Canada Inc....

1. As we have more tournaments in the coming future, we also started our small group lessons in Oakville and Waterdown starting from May this year. We differentiate from other group lessons and we have experience coach es to handle the groups. So far 3 group lessons have commenced.

2. We will be having our first chess camps as well this July in Oakville. Details on our website.

3. We will be partnering with Chess clubs and helping out to manage the chess clubs. Please email to info@elevatemychess.com if anyone of you has intention to start up a chess club in your area. Chess clubs that we are going to manage will be different from other chess clubs that you have been to. More details coming up in the next few months. Lots of work to be done but we are very confident in making things happen.

4. We will be rolling out our tournaments for 2019 soon. We will be partnering with others in making chess tournaments more attractive, interesting and worthwhile playing.

Why CHESS ?

Benefits of Chess

Chess has long been recognized throughout the world as a builder of strong intellects and that Chess improves academic performances. Educators are beginning to recognize chess’s ability to improve cognitive abilities, rational thinking and reasoning.

Chess brings out latent abilities that have not been reached by traditional educational means. It promotes logical thinking, instills a sense of independence, self-confidence, and self-worth. It improves communication and pattern recognition skills. It teaches the values of hard work, concentration, objectivity and commitment. In short, the value of learning chess are that it –

Develops memory skills
    Improves concentration
    Develops logical, critical thinking and mental abilities
    Promotes imagination and creativity
    Enables pattern recognition
    Promotes strategic planning
    Improves analytical and problem solving skills
    Teaches independence and discipline
    Develops the capability to predict and foresee consequences of actions
    Inspires self-motivation.
    Develops the scientific way of thinking.
    Improves Mathematical skills
    Is an “an art appearing in the form of a game”
    Improves schoolwork and grades
    Improves one’s mental health and mental clarity
    Best of all – CHESS IS FUN

Cheers for Chess in Canada

Gary Hua

EMC

Blog Entries

I am an enthusiastic supporter of Elevate My Chess and look forward to their submitting a Mississauga bid for the 2020 CYCC and Canadian Open with the help of sports tourism contacts that I made at the Canadian Sport Tourism Association Expo in Halifax and subsequently forwarded to them. Unfortunately the thread was in the wrong location and I have moved it to English Chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I am an enthusiastic supporter of Elevate My Chess and look forward to their submitting a Mississauga bid for the 2020 CYCC and Canadian Open with the help of sports tourism contacts that I made at the Canadian Sport Tourism Association Expo in Halifax and subsequently forwarded to them. Unfortunately the thread was in the wrong location and I have moved it to English Chat.
    Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your support as always and we definitely will put in a bid. In the process of doing it. We have met up with the contacts and have seen the intended venue recently. Looks very promising.....

Cheers

Gary