Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
Fred, I absolutely agree with your aproach. The reason I asked this question was the violation of some CFC rules in this campaign. As you know, the executive granted exepmtion from 10 points penalty (Canadian Closed) for 2 players.

In one case (R.Preotu) it was a really exceptional situation, but I am not sure about the call even in this case. In another case (E.Hansen) it was a standard conflict of interest, which happens to everyone. Nothing was really exceptional here. The same ruling could potentially apply for many other players. Bareev, for example has a lot of students and a whole week costs him a lot of money.

You wrote that VMs were clear about this 20-games rule. That's right. They also voted for our motion about bonus/penalty for Canadian Closed.

One of the reason I initiate some changes is the qualification rules was to increase transparency and to reduce uncertainty. Executive did exactly the opposite.

I always want CFC to follow it's own rules. Eric has a gap of 100 points between him and next in the line (LeSiege), so his spot in the team is garanteed (it he plays 20 games). Very possible, Vlad's call doesn't change anything. However, I see it as a dangerous precedent.

One of the reason I initiated some changes in qualification rules was to increase transparency and to reduce uncertainty. The executive did exactly the opposite.
I think there is room for a motion that would outline any exceptions allowed for the 10 point penalty for not attending the Canadian Closed. As always, the Voting Members choose the Executive and can express their displeasure at the voting booth. I think a full discussion about the exceptions to this new rule would be welcome either for the next few days or at the next quarterly meeting. If the majority think the Executive did wrong, then it should be acknowledged for next time.