Thread: DGT offer of clocks

Default DGT offer of clocks

The ECE (English chess chat) has a thread "DGT/FIDE Offer to Federations to purchase clocks at a highly reduced rate" https://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9364
    There is a text from the DGT:
    "Dear Allan, dear Nigel,

For consideration at the FIDE Congress in Antalya, I submit below proposals reflecting DGT’s continued efforts to support FIDE goals of global chess development through Federations and special projects.

1. The Development price for chess clocks will be significantly reduced to 15 euro for the DGT2010 and to 20 euro for the DGT3000. The clocks shall receive a print on the back indicating they are supplied for FIDE Chess Development.

2. Affordable electronic boards are available from November 2017 that will further enable the global chess community to arrange live tournament broadcasting. The new Smart Boards can be used together with existing wooden DGT boards and the free LiveChess software. For FIDE Development purposes, a complete tournament set including the board, electronic chess pieces, cables and DGT3000 chess clock, will be made available for around 145 euro per set.

3. Currently only Federations in levels 3, 4 and 5 of the FIDE Development list are eligible for the low Development prices. I propose to simplify this and make clocks and boards available for Development prices to all FIDE Federations so that FIDE can approve Development orders as it sees fit, for example to support active Federations or special projects.

4. Non-electronic boards and sets as well as basic chess clocks are added to the Development pricelist to benefit Chess in Schools and other projects.

All as per the attached pricelist.

It should be noted that products supplied at Development prices are not meant for trade or resale.

I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Hans Pees | DGT
    Seems that English Chess Federation is participating in this deal ( http://www.englishchess.org.uk/new-dgt-clocks/ )

Does the CFC participate in it?
    .*-1

Blog Entries

We were unaware of it though I did talk to DGT in Baku at the 2016 Olympiad and they did mention a very exciting development for the DGT boards though the impression I got was that the prices would drop to $500 per board using a new technology. This is quite a bit better.

Blog Entries

Is there any chance of some clocks being available for schools at that price? The school I teach at now has none ...
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter