Thread: NAYCC now open to bids in off years

Blog Entries

Default NAYCC now open to bids in off years

In response to the NAYCC which took place in New Jersey in 2017 which was somewhat deficient in a number of respects we have been asked why Canada did not bid as this was the only bid that FIDE America had to consider. It now appears that we can bid in off years when it is not really Canada's turn. This may be a good and a bad thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    In response to the NAYCC which took place in New Jersey in 2017 which was somewhat deficient in a number of respects we have been asked why Canada did not bid as this was the only bid that FIDE America had to consider. It now appears that we can bid in off years when it is not really Canada's turn. This may be a good and a bad thing.
    So this means that there may not be a set rotation any more, and bids go to FIDE America ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    So this means that there may not be a set rotation any more, and bids go to FIDE America ?
    I think the federation that is hosting still has to approve, support and lobby for the bid. Hal would know better as he has spent time talking to FIDE America officials on this tournament and its organization.

Blog Entries

On chesstalk I posted the following links which may prove useful to bidders for this tournament.

https://www.fideamerica.com/index.ph...juveniles-2017

https://www.fideamerica.com/index.ph...ncias-cca-2017

The only other regulation that I am aware of that I don't find specified is that you are required to pay $20 US to FIDE America per player. I know that this rule passed at the last Congress in Baku after Hal Bond raised an objection to a proposed $40 U.S. fee per player to FIDE America. The fee was $15 US per player when we did it in 2016.

They appear to have reduced the required support payment for official players from 100% to 60%. They increased the payment to the head of the Appeals Committee $1200 US vs $1000 previously and even specified what the chief arbiter shall be paid $1500 US. That seems new to me and I did have access to a list of regulations prior to Windsor bidding.

I believe that the application has to come through and have the support of the CFC but who knows.

Blog Entries

The 2018 NAYCC has been awarded according to a Hal Bond Skype message. Details to follow from Turkey.