Hey Fred,

I had a couple questions about the Financial statements, if you can answer. I can't post in the other thread, so I'm not sure if this is the right spot.

BALANCE SHEET
1. Deferred membership revenue – Would this number give us an idea of when people purchased subscriptions during the year? Deferred annual - $25199, Paid annual - $43,491, so only $18,292 count toward this year, meaning the majority of members make their purchases/renewals later in the year? 2016 had $23,583 in deferred revenue, what line item is that number represented in the 2017 financials?

STATEMENT OF REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE
2. Sales of Books and Equipment – The number in 2017 and 2016 was $5000, down from $5250 in 2015 and $10298 in 2014. Is that a flat-rate 3rd party "advertising" agreement, and we don't sell any equipment internally nor receive commission from sales driven from CFC traffic?

3. Publication: e-Newsletter – Are there any financial notes for this item? For a large expenditure it's interesting that we can't see how expenses have changed year over year. Why is there a significant drop this year? Less issues and postage, or other?

NOTES TO FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
4. Domestic Rating Fees – Is it possible to express these as the types of fees collected? ie, Revenue for regular, active, or junior per player fee, or just raw numbers such as done with the Membership.

5. Annual Membership Fees – For my membership I paid $48 because I live in Ontario. A foreign player would pay $36, so I presume that $12 was transferred to Ontario Chess Association or why is there a difference in provincial fees? If they are indeed transfers, how are they shown in the financials?

Thanks for your time and putting this all together.