Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
Being a Sector Arbiter at the WYCC (Youths and Cadets) and at the World School Championship would be beneficial for an arbiter advancement but I have noticed that we almost never send any arbiter to those events. Actually, no FIDE opportunities are ever advertised on the CFC web site contrary to many other countries who systematically announces all FIDE opportunities to all their arbiters. Is there any cost to the CFC for sending Canadian IA abroad?

This lack of transparency is annoying, I am considering moving a motion to make it mandatory to post all opportunities for arbiters at FIDE competitions.
What do you mean by "announce all FIDE opportunities"? I, Bob, Lyle (sometimes) and Hal (almost always) probably get announcements of tournaments several times a week often in languages we don't even read. Thankfully Google Translate usually helps in these situations. Where Canadians get such opportunities it is usually by contacting the organizers or having a network of contacts. I have never seen an announcement which called for IA's.

All of these tournaments will typically appear on the FIDE calendar with links to the announcements that we get. Keeping everyone informed of every tournament that crosses our emails would be an hour or two a day job. This is not a realistic demand on anyone's time when this information is available on FIDE's site on the tournament calendar.