The agenda for the 2017 CFC AGM has been posted on this forum already. It lists what positions will be voted on during the AGM.

Here is my list of tips, if you would like to be elected to any post.

1. Become a member of the forum, so you can post in the public part (ie. here in English Chat). Send me an e-mail or FB message (just google "Fred McKim Charlottetown Chess" to find me) with your e-mail address and I'll pass your info along.

2. I'll create a thread for nominations later today, and you can start posting your intention to run for a position, and give any platform points you think are important. Later we may break nominations into individual positions if we have any "heated" races. Please note that if you plan to run for a 1) Director or 2) Officer position you must be a regular CFC member and retain this membership until the end of your term.

3. The majority of voters will in all likelihood not start noticing your posts until about Aug 20, the start of the meeting, when most people will start looking for info. The real campaign runs for 3 days (Aug 20-22). If you are not a voting-member of the CFC for 2017-18 you will be unable to post in the Incoming meeting forum, but you can still read all comments in the meeting, and post in this Chat section. You can probably also find a friendly voting-member who will post on your behalf in the meeting forum.

4. Convince 50% + 1 of the voters to vote for you, and you will be welcomed to the CFC. If you are elected to one of the Director or Officer positions, you automatically become a voting-member for the rest of your term, if you are not one already. As far as I understand, committee members are not required to be CFC members.

5. If somebody would like to, please copy and paste this to CT. You can obviously campaign and post there as well, but fair warning, I would guess only 25% of the CFC Voting-members read there regularly, and note that probably only about 1/3 of the posters there are even CFC members (whom we might consider to be a "reasonable" cross-section of the voting members). Having said that, I do like CT, since right now as hard as we've tried, it's just impossible to duplicate it's "success", here on the CFC Forum.

Fred McKim