Thread: Slow CFC Discussion Board registration acceptance?

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

Default Slow CFC Discussion Board registration acceptance?

Is the CFC Disussion Board's registration process very slow for any particular reason? Whenever I look at Who's Online there are tons of guests 'registering', yet on the Board's Forum Page the blurb about "Welcome to our newest member..." only shows a different new member's registered name once in a blue moon, it seems.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
    Is the CFC Disussion Board's registration process very slow for any particular reason? Whenever I look at Who's Online there are tons of guests 'registering', yet on the Board's Forum Page the blurb about "Welcome to our newest member..." only shows a different new member's registered name once in a blue moon, it seems.
    I would think that those numbers are people who have no need to post or even system glitches, somehow.

Blog Entries

I think a lot of those are webcrawlers indexing away.

Blog Entries

If they are stuck on the registration page, then they are probably a spam bot who doesn't know the short-form for Grandmaster! lol

As for the rest... I've been away for a few weeks but I've just approved a bunch of new users just in time for the AGM.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter