Thread: Meeting extended by one week

Blog Entries

Default Meeting extended by one week

Due to issues that some people are having with logging on and participating in the meeting we will extend the meeting and voting for one week. Hopefully the problems will be resolved shortly. If the problems persist those who are experiencing problems may have to vote via email.

The issues are due to DNS problems related to a dynamic IP address for the CFC site. I have not experienced the issues myself but many people are having a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    Due to issues that some people are having with logging on and participating in the meeting we will extend the meeting and voting for one week. Hopefully the problems will be resolved shortly. If the problems persist those who are experiencing problems may have to vote via email.

The issues are due to DNS problems related to a dynamic IP address for the CFC site. I have not experienced the issues myself but many people are having a problem.
    The deadline for voting is now on Dec 3?

Based on the e-mails I've received, it's chess.ca (which at the bottom of each page contains a link to here) that is the problem.

Apart from the usual issues of logging in here (which I receive a few of every meeting and try to stay on top of them especially in the first three days) there do not seem to be problems on this site which is hosted on a different server. But I believe many people get here via the chess.ca link so for sure an extension is warranted.

Since quarterly meetings always run from Sunday to Sunday and was originally scheduled to end on the 27th (with voting ending on the 26th) I interpret the President's message to mean he intends to extend voting for one week as well and thus voting ends on Saturday 3rd December, with the meeting itself ending on Sunday 4th December.

(For the benefit of those who might be wondering, after the close of voting all the motion debate threads and voting booths are closed with the main items remaining being New Business, announcement of polling results (which I try to do within an hour or two of polls close but may take longer with 7 motions this time) and the President's closing message - we usually try to set a tentative date for the next meeting but don't always do so)
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 11-26-2016 at 12:27 PM.