Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010-11 Budget - Vote Results?

Default 2010-11 Budget - Vote Results?

The CFC just started its new fiscal year on May 1 ( runs to April 30, 2011 ). Treasurer Maurice Smith, with the help of Gerry Litchfield, E.D., presented his budget for 2010-11 for the governors' approval in mid-March, and they completed the voting on the budget on March 31.

No results of that voting have yet been published, and the governors do not even know if they now have a 2010-11 budget to follow this year, or not.

After the vote, there was no posting of the vote results on either CFC discussion board. There was no e-mail to governors with the vote results. Then GL # 4 came out on April 12, and the results were not published there. So, at the recent Governors' On-line Meeting ( April 8-14 ), the governors passed a motion ( " straw vote " ) that President Eric van Dusen should authorize the immediate posting of the results on the Governors' Discussion Board. On April 12, during the voting, Eric posted a message to the Governors that he would direct Lyle Craver, CFC Secretary, to post the results.

It is now May 3, and Lyle has not posted any vote result on the Governors' Discussion Board.

2 Questions:

1. Eric - Did you instruct Lyle to post the vote result, as promised?

2. Lyle - Did you get instructions from Eric to post the result? If " yes ", why have you not done so?

Bob

P.S. Since Eric some time ago indicated he would not monitor this discussion board ( nor the Governors' ), I have e-mailed this post to both Eric and Lyle.
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; 05-03-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Armstrong
    The CFC just started its new fiscal year on May 1 ( runs to April 30, 2011 ). Treasurer Maurice Smith, with the help of Gerry Litchfield, E.D., presented his budget for 2010-11 for the governors' approval in mid-March, and they completed the voting on the budget on March 31.

No results of that voting have yet been published, and the governors do not even know if they now have a 2010-11 budget to follow this year, or not.

After the vote, there was no posting of the vote results on either CFC discussion board. There was no e-mail to governors with the vote results. Then GL # 4 came out on April 12, and the results were not published there. So, at the recent Governors' On-line Meeting ( April 8-14 ), the governors passed a motion ( " straw vote " ) that President Eric van Dusen should authorize the immediate posting of the results on the Governors' Discussion Board. On April 12, during the voting, Eric posted a message to the Governors that he would direct Lyle Craver, CFC Secretary, to post the results.

It is now May 3, and Lyle has not posted any vote result on the Governors' Discussion Board.

2 Questions:

1. Eric - Did you instruct Lyle to post the vote result, as promised?

2. Lyle - Did you get instructions from Eric to post the result? If " yes ", why have you not done so?

Bob

P.S. Since Eric some time ago indicated he would not monitor this discussion board ( nor the Governors' ), I have e-mailed this post to both Eric and Lyle.
    This sort of thing makes it rather hard to continue to apologize for the CFC or to claim that it is actually making progress of any sort. The least Eric should have done is hand the reigns over to someone who at least has an internet connection or can otherwise handle email... Considering all the bluster that occurred when he took over as President, I think this is quite funny now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Liles
    The least Eric should have done is hand the reigns over...
    Freudian slip?

Quote Originally Posted by John Coleman
    Freudian slip?
    lol

Just another example of the spell checker indicating that it is the wrong word, but spelled correctly! In hindsight, I wish I could claim it was a clever play on words (but I cannot do so in good conscience). Nice catch.

Default Posting of CFC Governor Vote Results - Executive Resistance

Here are my recent 2 posts on the Governors' Discussion Board of May 17 & 18 :

05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
    Bob Armstrong
    CFC Governor

2010-11 Budget - Results Still Not Authorized to be Published

No answer from Stijn [ " Acting " President ] on my request that he direct Lyle [ CFC Secretary ] to post the results.

I'm giving up - I'll wait 'til GL # 5, and hope it is in there. One can only spend time and energy on a non-issue like this for so long.

Others can pursue it if they feel so compelled.

Bob
    __________________________________________________ ___________

05-18-2010, 12:45 PM
    Bob Armstrong
    CFC Governor

Posting of Other Vote Results??

If anyone is going to pursue further with Stijn, as " acting " president, the posting of the 2010-11 budget vote results, maybe they could also ask at the same time that the vote results of the GL # 4 motions ( voting completed on April 23 ) be posted:

1. Motion 2010-05 - Governor Activity Rule ( " Straw " vote by order of the President );

2. Motion 2010-06 - First Time CFC'er Membership Discount;

3. Motion 2010-07 - Amending CYCC Rules.

Bob

Blog Entries

Default Communication

This is all totally unacceptable. I would expect all Executive members to participate regularly in at least the Governor's section of this forum 2010/2011

Hi Fred:

I wholeheartedly agree.

I understand that Eric is now back in the President's chair, if anyone is motivated to again try to get him to authorize Lyle to post here ( or at least on the Governors' Discussion Board ), the outstanding vote results.

As I said, I've given up - it is a minor procedural matter that Eric is ignoring, and which would modernize somewhat our antiquated GL system - but who's listening?

Bob

Bob

Blog Entries

Default Voting Results

I'm prepared to wait until the AGM. I think that as for this year, we can look back and learn some lessons to ensure this sort of thing won't happen again.

CFC Governors have to be prepared for the 21st century forms of communication and be willing participants. People have had the last 15-20 years to prepare for this.

And 4 of this year's executive are candidates for next year's executive. Do any of them know the results of this vote?

Default Power to Release Budget Vote Result

Hi Ken:

As I understand it from Lyle, regardless of who may know the results, only Eric, as Chair of the Assemby meeting, can authorize the release of the vote result, and if he hasn't, no other executive can post it. And we all know Eric has not lived up to his Governors' On-line promise on April 12 that he would authorize Lyle to post the result.

Bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast