Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5B7 - NEW MOTIONS-Games Played Outside the CFC (Moved Paul Leblanc seconded Denommee)

Default 5B7 - NEW MOTIONS-Games Played Outside the CFC (Moved Paul Leblanc seconded Denommee)

Motion 5B7. Motion regarding rating of games played outside the CFC

Moved by Paul Leblanc seconded by Pierre Denommee:

Handbook article 436 pertains to CFC members applying to have their results in foreign FIDE rated events rated by the CFC for a fee of $25 provided the CFC is notified a month in advance. I move that FQE and USCF events be added to this article. In the same article, new CFC players with USCF or FIDE ratings are started with whichever of those ratings under which the player has played the most recent games. I move to add FQE to that criteria. Some editorial changes to the wording would be necessary so that FQE members are not referred to as foreign players or non-residents.

I think this is self-explanatory but I would be happy to respond to any suggestions or concerns
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

The usual "politically correct" term is "players from non-affiliated provinces" or "provinces without a provincial affiliate". I suppose some might think it referred to Saskatchewan but...

Blog Entries

I don't think there is any correct way to word this without using FQE, as the "group" has to have a sufficiently established rating system that we are willing to accept it on par with our own.

I am curious about how this works. It will be rated using the player's performance rating in the non-affiliated event? Or the whole non-affiliated event will be rated? If players other than the cfc player requesting to be rated, do we need consent from other players to have them rated? It may have been explained in the cfc handbook. Again, I cannot access the handbook, cfc site is still down.

CFC and FQE ratings are recognized as being equal by most TD. It is possible to rate CFC using the FQE rating of the opponents because those are comparable.

I like this motion and will vote for it.

Usually, FIDE, USCF and FQE ratings are lower than CFC rating. That means, a player likely will lose rating in these events. That means, normally, a player is not suppose to apply for this, unless his CFC rating is too low. Interesting, how many players applied for this last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lo View Post
    I am curious about how this works. It will be rated using the player's performance rating in the non-affiliated event? Or the whole non-affiliated event will be rated? If players other than the cfc player requesting to be rated, do we need consent from other players to have them rated? It may have been explained in the cfc handbook. Again, I cannot access the handbook, cfc site is still down.
    Still want to know how this works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    I like this motion and will vote for it.

Usually, FIDE, USCF and FQE ratings are lower than CFC rating. That means, a player likely will lose rating in these events. That means, normally, a player is not suppose to apply for this, unless his CFC rating is too low. Interesting, how many players applied for this last year.
    I don’t believe that anyone has used this provision in the last few years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lo View Post
    Only the requesting player would be rated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast