Thread: Canadian Isaac Wiebe to play Magnus Carlsen in web app simul

Blog Entries

Default Canadian Isaac Wiebe to play Magnus Carlsen in web app simul

On September 22, Magnus Carlsen will host 10 players from his app, as well as guestsfrom the Liberty Science Center, in the “Play Live Challenge.” The event will be hosted atthe Liberty Science Centre in New York, and will be built around a timed simul. Magnuswill have 30 mintes, and so will each of the contestants. We expect Magnus will have tomake a run for it with only 30 minutes for all boards combined. After the simul Magnuswill do a game analysis with each of the players.In cooperation with the Norwegian newspaper VG, we will broadcast the entire event.You are welcome to include this on your website.The broadcast will start at 11.30 (EST), and last approx. 2,5 hours.We will distribute in two ways:

Complete DashboardThe broadcast will contain live commentary in English, TV feed and graphics with all theboards,http://direkte.vg.no/studio/play-liv...lengeTV-feedTV feed of the broadcast, including English commentary and graphicsLink:

TV-feedTV feed of the broadcast, including English commentary and graphicsLink: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/live/131681/di...challengeEmbed code:

In studio:The studio guests will include Fabiano Caruana and Paul Hoffman.

The contestants:If you would like to receive a bio on any of the contestants, please let us know.

Name Age Country
    Vedic Panda 16 USA
    Moshe Inoyatov 22 USA
    Isaac Wiebe 22 Canada
    Polina Karelina 15 Bahamas
    Soeren Marx 19 Germany
    Gustav Gudbrandsen 52 Norway
    Emil Hartveit 27 Norway
    Michael Dimitriadis 50 Austria
    Ivet Sala Samarra 16 Spain
    Andrew Grojean 26 USA

For more info, please contact Arne Horvei E-mail: arne@playmagnus.com
    Mobile: +47 90 66 22 49
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 09-21-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Do we have little bio of Isaac and how he got one of the "golden tickets" ?

I’m running a website dedicated to music and culture and loved the event (followed broadcasting). I wanted to include this on my website but have had big challenges as I’m not managing content directly but using Bell web solutions instead. Next time try to make the announcement in advance so we can arrange with all stockholders. Thanks for sharing anyway

Blog Entries

We learned of the event the day before and by the time it filtered through to the decision makers it was posted instantly. We can't announce things that we don't know about.