Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5A-2 Discussion Item: FQE bid for 2018 CYCC/Canadian Open

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bérubé View Post
    ON THE HOTELS : DELTA SITE OF THE TOURNAMENT

It's the best deal for a 4 star hotel. But people are not forced to stay at the hotel of the tournament. There is 4 hotels at five minutes walking distance. See page 39 of the PDF document.

But remember : a remittance of 10$ per night goes to the organizers for the DELTA.
    Thank you for your feedback! It is also possible we are spoiled here on the West Coast with 4 star hotels for traditional tournaments like the GPO:
    http://grandpacificopen.pbworks.com/...7541/FrontPage
    Over there the deals listed for 4 stars are within $109 per night. Of course you know the best what is your local reality. It just surprises me Quebec City is more expensive than our BC (Bring Cash) Coast
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

Blog Entries

I have talked to my friend in Calgary and it doesn't seem that a bid from Calgary is on the front burner. (Edit: This is now confirmed so the only bid we have so far is the FQE bid.) I will confirm this with the other stakeholders though we do have to give at least some opportunity that people who were preparing a bid for the AGM to come forward now. If there are no other bids then it is possible that we might be able to meet your March 31st deadline through a decision by the executive.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 03-20-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Blog Entries

I do not yet have a consensus by the executive with respect to the proper time line to use for entertaining alternative bids. We will keep the meeting open for at least one more day while we work it out.

Blog Entries

There is still no consensus. We will close the meeting and announce the resolution of our deliberations on the CFC forums within a day or two.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123