Thread: 2. Opening Comments of Chair

Default 2. Opening Comments of Chair

Fellow VMs - our chair

Blog Entries

Welcome to the March quarterly meeting of the CFC voting members.I am sorry to report that former CFC president Peter Stockhausen has passed away. Peter was CFC president in 1986 and 2002. He served as CFC treasurer from 1997 to 2000 and again in 2007. I met him once in the 1990s and exchanged some emails with him more recently. He seemed like a thoughtful man. I was sorry to learn of his untimely death. May he rest in peace.

http://gfoliverfuneralchapel.com/stockhausen-peter/

There is quite a bit going on in Canadian chess. The FQE has announced an intention to bid for the 2018 CYCC and Canadian Open. They are also putting together a bid for the WYCC and the World Cadet Chess Championship. We are about to launch the Premium Chess service in Canada. The most recent membership numbers are encouraging, showing an increase in participation and membership. I believe that this is largely due to the efforts of several groups of new organizers who are reaching new players and organizing more events than ever before. It is very encouraging to see this.

We are not expecting to vote at anything at this meeting but that won't keep us from having a lively discussion on the Canadian chess scene and issues which affect us. Lets dive into the business of the meeting. Any topics not on the agenda can be dealt with in new business.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 03-13-2016 at 10:12 AM.