Thread: Attn: Vlad

Default Attn: Vlad

In way of passing I would like to say that the seemingly never-ending squabbles you have with Sid Belzberg are becoming quite noxious, both in content and in the perceived aroma. Personally, I would suggest that you two gentlemen sit down together and discuss a few things. People tend to be more understandable when they are face-to-face with someone.

My main point, is that I doubt Cogeco is blocking your access to ChessSquawk. I think it was Kerry Liles who suggested a DNS issue. This makes sense since ChessSquawk has been up and down like a toilet seat over the past month as Larry has tried to beat Lunar Pages to a pulp. I suggest you clear your browser of cookies, download and try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, ***anything not Micro$oft)***, or go reset the DNS lookups for whatever browser you're using. The world might suddenly reappear.

Last, if you are the "editor" who has filtered Mr. Belzberg's posts, then say so. I'm not saying you're wrong in doing so (although it would certainly look that way), but you're definitely wrong in not making it clear who is doing the filtering.

Steve

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Douglas View Post
    In way of passing I would like to say that the seemingly never-ending squabbles you have with Sid Belzberg are becoming quite noxious, both in content and in the perceived aroma. Personally, I would suggest that you two gentlemen sit down together and discuss a few things. People tend to be more understandable when they are face-to-face with someone.

My main point, is that I doubt Cogeco is blocking your access to ChessSquawk. I think it was Kerry Liles who suggested a DNS issue. This makes sense since ChessSquawk has been up and down like a toilet seat over the past month as Larry has tried to beat Lunar Pages to a pulp. I suggest you clear your browser of cookies, download and try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, ***anything not Micro$oft)***, or go reset the DNS lookups for whatever browser you're using. The world might suddenly reappear.

Last, if you are the "editor" who has filtered Mr. Belzberg's posts, then say so. I'm not saying you're wrong in doing so (although it would certainly look that way), but you're definitely wrong in not making it clear who is doing the filtering.

Steve
    I don't use Microsoft Explorer except to sometimes check the CFC president account. Mostly I use Chrome and occasionally Firefox. It is not a DNS issue because I changed the DNS servers to the suggested ones with no change in the outcome. John Coleman who uses Cogeco has experienced the same issue. Also as soon as the computer is away from my house at McDonalds or Tim Hortons or the library I can connect to Chesstalk without issue. I just don't have time. When I am at the library I am giving chess lessons so I don't have time to post. A few people have suggested that this is a sign that I should simply abandon Chesstalk.

At the bottom of the page it should show that Vladimir Drkulec edited the posts in question. I never thought that there was any doubt on that score, though it is possible that you don't see what I see. I have no intention in allowing the CFC boards which we pay for to descend into the same muck as Chesstalk. If people insist on claiming that we are involved in criminal acts then they should report us to the appropriate authorities. Other than issuing the standard denial, I simply don't have time with these three tournaments to be too involved in taking any heavy actions against the rabble though my understanding is I have a year from the time that I learn of those comments to take appropriate action. By August 15th my calendar should have cleared up a bit at which point I will have time to evaluate if I should take further action.

I can read Chesstalk through anonymizer software but it is somewhat pointless when I can't post. People who want to know what is happening at the CFC will have to read the CFC forums where we will be making announcements.

Sid simply returns to the same arguments over and over. The FIDE election is over and done with. Kasparov and his minions attempted to bully the CFC into voting for him, and behaved in a ridiculously offensive manner throughout the process. They lost the fight three times. They were never a credible threat to win the election. At one point they claimed that the people who were incredibly offensive had nothing to do with their campaign and then later they claimed that we didn't give them a chance because we declined to talk to the incredibly offensive people who they had previously disavowed. When challenged to debate the issues with their previously disavowed and now official representative in Canada his first argument was "how dare you debate me." Obviously there was no point in continuing. Kasparov flew at great expense to Puerto Rico from Africa on a private jet in a fruitless attempt to change the minds of the delegates of the Puerto Rican Chess federation. He or his real campaign team couldn't be bothered to drop us an email.

As long as Sid remains fixated on the last FIDE election which was a year and a half ago, I really don't see what the point is of continuing to engage him or anyone else whose hope is to tear down the CFC.

Things are getting better at the CFC. They are about to get a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I don't use Microsoft Explorer except to sometimes check the CFC president account.
    I have sent you an email at this account. Do you have another email that you visit more frequently?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    I have sent you an email at this account. Do you have another email that you visit more frequently?
    vdrkulec at
    hotmail.com

Blog Entries

I have received it and have forwarded it to my other account.