Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5A. Discussion Items - 1. Premium Chess FIDE's online server and training platform

Default 5A. Discussion Items - 1. Premium Chess FIDE's online server and training platform

Premium Chess FIDE's online server and training platform

Blog Entries

It is my intention to go ahead with making an arrangement with Premium Chess as discussed in the last two voting member meetings.

Blog Entries

Carlo Stellati, president of Premium Chess pointed out the following:

"Just to clarify one point mentioned by your eMail:
    The Premium Chess server does not come from FIDE but is fully managed by
    Premium Chess. FIDE adopted the same platform proposed to the National
    Chess Federations and players have the full visibility of every member
    of the Premium Chess community (Fide plus National Chess Federations),..."

If you are not in hurry to "go ahead with making arrangement with Premium Chess", please consider this:
    1.www.chesssupersite.com is opening in January 2016.
    2.Chess Supersite Corporation is a fully reporting issuer, already got all the required approvals such as US Securities Commission, FINRA, etc. and its shares will start trading soon under the symbol CHZP.
    3.CFC Members could financially benefit from participation in the www.chesssupersite.com upcoming events.
    As per quality of each site - obviously I'm not in a position to judge, however an independent panel of 3-5 experts could test them both to make its judgement.
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 12-18-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    If you are not in hurry to "go ahead with making arrangement with Premium Chess", please consider this:
    2.Chess Supersite Corporation is a fully reporting issuer, already got all the required approvals such as US Securities Commission, FINRA, etc. and its shares will start trading soon under the symbol CHZP.
    3.CFC Members could financially benefit from participation in the www.chesssupersite.com upcoming events.
    As per quality of each site - obviously I'm not in a position to judge, however independent panel of 3-5 experts is welcome to test them both and make its judgement.
    Vlad. Maybe you can give a summary. In order to get FIDE online ratings and titles do CFC members have to go with this premium chess server that's being offered, or can they just go straight to the CFC server which shares the same platform ? As I understand it they have to pay an annual membership fee of $X.

Is Premium Chess charging members a fee???
    Last edited by Sasha Starr; 12-18-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Is Premium Chess charging members a fee???
    There are different levels of service. You can play for free. You can pay more and play for titles. The training platform for Chess in the Schools is the most exciting part of the service for me. That portion is free for kids.

Blog Entries

As per quality of each site - obviously I'm not in a position to judge, however an independent panel of 3-5 experts could test them both to make its judgement.
    We discussed this at two voting member meetings. Chesssupersite.com can't give us access to the chess in the schools training materials nor can they give us FIDE ratings We looked at quite a number of the big name servers and many of them offered attractive deals but without someone to drive membership I didn't see it going too far. Basically this is something that is being driven by requests from remote areas of Canada who want to take part in CFC and FIDE chess. Premium Chess fits the bill. Their demands with respect with what we have to provide are manageable. They manage everything except answering our email and some web content. If it goes the way they think it will, we will get a revenue stream of 50,000 euros per year which we will use to hire someone to manage the online portion of our business. If the members don't materialize we aren't penalized in any way that I can see. I know this is something you are interested in. If it flies we will be looking for at least one person to manage it though the training platform is something that I feel is strategic for the CFC. When the time comes this is something that someone like you who has experience with this might be invited to bid on.

We need to look at more revenue streams as we are getting squeezed on the one side by the fact that we aren't earning as much under the book contract and also the reduced payout under the FQE-CFC accord. Online chess is quite big. This seems like a risk free way to jump in and test the waters without any investment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    Vlad. Maybe you can give a summary. In order to get FIDE online ratings and titles do CFC members have to go with this premium chess server that's being offered, or can they just go straight to the CFC server which shares the same platform ? As I understand it they have to pay an annual membership fee of $X.
    I will try and dig up the numbers again but frankly I am pretty exhausted at the moment and need to get some sleep. Probably late tonight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I will try and dig up the numbers again but frankly I am pretty exhausted at the moment and need to get some sleep. Probably late tonight.
    What I meant to ask was - Can players go straight to the FIDE server and bypass the CFC server to get ratings, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast