Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 4A Treasurer's Report

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    3) $6,281 is included in "other programs" in both the revenue and expenses (in and out). It's an example of how we account for Olympic, Youth, and Pugi Fund monies. It also shows up as an expense since it is an actual donation from our coffers.
    To me it does not add rightly.

    Yes, it is in Revenue as in Other programs 146623 (Note 3)

    However, it appears two times in EXPENDITURE:
    Contribution to Olympic team 6281
    and in Other programs 146,623 (Note 3)


    Repeat question:

    Does anybody know about the National library anymore?
    .*-1

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tecumseh, ON
    Posts
    2,204
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Repeat question:

    Does anybody know about the National library anymore?
    I believe this refers to a pile of magazines (CFC and other historical Canadian chess periodicals) and historical records related to the CFC over the years. Michael von Keitz has been diligently working on digitizing these. I may of course be wrong but if I am the answer may be beyond the knowledge of the current executive.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Charlottetown, PE
    Posts
    1,977
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I believe this refers to a pile of magazines (CFC and other historical Canadian chess periodicals) and historical records related to the CFC over the years. Michael von Keitz has been diligently working on digitizing these. I may of course be wrong but if I am the answer may be beyond the knowledge of the current executive.
    Yes, MVK has confirmed that is the National Library (historical magazines and newsletter). Perhaps there were other things at some other time, but that is now what it consists of.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Charlottetown, PE
    Posts
    1,977
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    To me it does not add rightly.

    Yes, it is in Revenue as in Other programs 146623 (Note 3)

    However, it appears two times in EXPENDITURE:
    Contribution to Olympic team 6281
    and in Other programs 146,623 (Note 3)
    Yes, it's in Expenditure twice BECAUSE we actually donated that sum to the OLYMPIC FUND. As I tried to explain, the other program references (INCOME and EXPENDITURE) are simply accounting practice. If that sum of money had been donated by somebody else, it would only be in EXPENDITURE once.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    I would be interested at some point after the meeting in hearing from Michael concerning his collection of GLs - I have a box about 5-6" thick of GLs from the 80s which I would happily send to him if he needs them and dispose of if not. I would also be interested in getting a copy of these for my archives in PDF or other digital format.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    505

    Default

    We may have some items at the National Archives, but beyond that our "National Library" has been almost completely digitized by Michael von Keitz. I spent a couple days working along side Michael on the project. I believe the GLs have been digitized, but Lyle - you may want to contact Michael directly. I know one item that is lost for the moment is the 1986 Women's Championship - no cross tables anywhere!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Perhaps Paul Leblanc should talk to Lynn Stringer - she is highly likely to have either directed or played in it.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Charlottetown, PE
    Posts
    1,977
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bond View Post
    We may have some items at the National Archives, but beyond that our "National Library" has been almost completely digitized by Michael von Keitz. I spent a couple days working along side Michael on the project. I believe the GLs have been digitized, but Lyle - you may want to contact Michael directly. I know one item that is lost for the moment is the 1986 Women's Championship - no cross tables anywhere!
    At the risk of getting off topic here ...... The CFC files, which included submitted crosstables and ratings post every event were all sent to the National Archives. I went through all of them a few years ago. I can't remember the most recent crosstables in the collection (it went at least into the mid 80's), but there may be a gap in the crosstable data of what is contained there and 1996/04, which is the earliest date stored on the current database.

    FWIW, the CFC website tells us that Nava won the 1986 event, held in Toronto.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Thnx Fred for the second explanation.


    Long time ago J.Berry scanned older GL and offered files here. I received them, maybe other got them too. I'll need to check what years they were. As I see GL are available as old as 1997/98 at http://chess.ca/governors-letters .
    My suggestion would be that someone (a secretary) would summarize Online meetings (at least voting on motions) and put it as a GL for the record. Scrolling through all threads to find something is quite time consuming affair.
    .*-1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •