Thread: 5A-1 Premium Chess FIDE's online server and training platform

Default 5A-1 Premium Chess FIDE's online server and training platform

There is a proposal that the CFC join up with Premium Chess FIDE's online server and training platform.

Blog Entries

I was approached by the Premium Chess People which is the FIDE official online server with a proposal to join their chess community. The proposed arrangement does not require any payment from the CFC and could result in some revenues to the CFC. In addition to being an online server which will allow for FIDE rating of online games there is also an associated training platform which will be used as part of FIDE's chess in the schools initiative and can be used by CFC approved chess instructors to deliver online lessons to individual students and to classes. Membership is free to children up to 14 years of age. There is also options for free membership to adults who have a FIDE ID. There is an option for premium membership which will involve a payment of 25 euros of which 5 euros will be rebated to the CFC.

It is my intention to proceed with an arrangement with the Premium Chess people. We discussed this at the last meeting and I have also discussed it with the executive. No significant objections were raised as of yet.