Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CFC AGM coming soon - who will be running for office?

How about Vice President?

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    How about Vice President?
    Only if there is no other serious nomination. I do not believe that it is a sound strategy to stand for every possible positions. The last person who did that at an FQE election has been defeated 5 times. Under the previous in person CFC procedure, nomination for vice-president were not closed until after the election of the president. Candidate for vice-president do know who will be president before standing which was an advantage.

Could you please make sure that I am properly nominated? I have looked at the incoming meeting and I do not see my nominations.

Michael has made it official for the Appeals Committee. I saw Vlad submit your name for the other positions in one thread. i will follow up regarding the others.

There now appears to be several nominees for Vice President, so I will not submit your name.

Vlad clearly posted "My ruling is that Pierre can run for the posts of President, Treasurer and National Appeal Committee member and I will nominate him for these in order to fulfill the requirements. I believe that outsiders who are CFC regular members or Life Members should be allowed to run for any CFC office. There is no tournament coordinator election scheduled so he cannot run for that office."

So that's that.

I agree with almost all your post except for the Tournament Coordinator.

We should be voting for Tournament Coordinator. The changes to the bylaws required for the abolition of this office has not been approved by the outgoing assembly. The change is thus automatically repelled as well as all the changes voted during the last year.

If you vote for me, there will be no more of this kind of omission. Approval of bylaw changes must be on the outgoing agenda as a routine precaution even if nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by "NFP act"
    152. (1) Unless the articles, the by-laws or a unanimous member agreement otherwise provides, the directors may, by resolution, make, amend or repeal any by-laws that regulate the activities or affairs of the corporation, except in respect of matters referred to in subsection 197(1).
    Marginal note:Member approval

(2) The directors shall submit the by-law, amendment or repeal to the members at the next meeting of members, and the members may, by ordinary resolution, confirm, reject or amend the by-law, amendment or repeal.
    Marginal note:Effective date

(3) Subject to subsection (5), the by-law, amendment or repeal is effective from the date of the resolution of the directors. If the by-law, amendment or repeal is confirmed, or confirmed as amended, by the members it remains effective in the form in which it was confirmed.

Marginal note:Ceasing to have effect

(4) The by-law, amendment or repeal ceases to have effect if it is not submitted by the directors to the members as required under subsection (2) or if it is rejected by the members.
    Marginal note:Subsequent resolution

(5) If a by-law, an amendment or a repeal ceases to have effect, a subsequent resolution of the directors that has substantially the same purpose or effect is not effective until it is confirmed, or confirmed as amended, by the members.
    Last edited by Pierre Dénommée; 08-12-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    None! This person is totally unknown to me. I have never worked or attended school with this person. No volunteer of this name is known in over 5 non-profit boards of directors on which I have served.
    Okay, very good. I will not mention this again.

It has been written in the incoming AGM that training of arbiters and organisers is almost impossible.

It has now become simple due to the availability of Free Software that can be used to automate the task. I was testing this simple LTD test section when I realized that the LTD has been abolished. I disagree with this abolition.

I agree that training arbiters and organisers should be separated from generating bids for national tournaments.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arbiter test.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	296  
    Last edited by Pierre Dénommée; 08-13-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Is there a link to this software?

Blog Entries

Way back when, we had the Tournament Director & Organizer Certification Program (TDOCP). We had an actual test, but again long time ago.

Again, volunteer work is needed, but a simple 20 question test could be designed along with some on the job experience under the eye of a CTD should get someone certified.

I setup the software under Ubuntu Server running in a virtual box.

The software deliberately has very stringent requirements designed to make it hard to run it in a shared host. My ISP does not permit me to make my home computer available over the net otherwise I would simply open my port 80.

I have checked again and it can be put on shared hosting so I will set it up. This will take some time.
    Last edited by Pierre Dénommée; 08-13-2015 at 11:21 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast