Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CFC AGM coming soon - who will be running for office?

Question CFC AGM coming soon - who will be running for office?

When the CFC AGM takes place, who will be running for the Executive offices? Will the current executive be running for office? What about new candidates?

If the number of reply to this thread represent the reality, I will soon be acclaimed President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, FIDE representative, Youth Coordinator...

We should modify the CFC Constitution to force the incumbents to declare there intention at date X and all others and date Y with Y coming after X and Y at least one month before the AGM.

It is a basic rule of democracy that the elector know who is running. We all know that Mulcair, Trudeau and Harper are standing. Why can't we know for the CFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    We should modify the CFC Constitution to force the incumbents to declare there intention at date X and all others and date Y with Y coming after X and Y at least one month before the AGM.
    There is time for nominations, time for discussions, and voting. Don't make it a farce. Are you wishing for advertisement like Mulcair, Trudeau and Harper do too?
    .*-1

Blog Entries

At the moment I am thinking that I will run again for president but that could change. It is a bit early for the campaign to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    There is time for nominations, time for discussions, and voting. Don't make it a farce. Are you wishing for advertisement like Mulcair, Trudeau and Harper do too?
    The time for nominations is too short. When the CFC moved from an in person AGM to an electronic AGM, the nomination period remained the same. As a comparison, FQE nominations ends the first Tuesday of June for an election in July leaving plenty of time for the campaign.

Candidates who are not Incoming cannot post on the discussion area of the CFC board. Consequently, there may be no real discussion. Previously, non Incoming candidates could address the assembly when it was in person. It is an unfortunate consequence of computerization that non Incoming Candidates are at a great disadvantage because they cannot address the voting members directly.

No serious organization accepts last minute Candidates. There is noting unusual in seeking a modification of CFC policies so that candidates get nominated now instead as on the incoming AGM day.

Blog Entries

I am interested in remaining on the Board of Directors, but possibly in a different position. I would be pleased to have a private discussion with anybody who might be interested in serving as CFC Treasurer.

It seems that nobody will be standing.

I am willing to stand for President, Treasurer, Tournament Coordinator and National Appeal Committee member.

I am also willing to stand as a Quebec Voting Member.
    Last edited by Pierre Dénommée; 08-07-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Dénommée View Post
    It seems that nobody will be standing.

I am willing to stand for President, Treasurer, Tournament Coordinator and National Appeal Committee member.

I am also willing to stand as a Quebec Voting Member.
    I have posted your candidacy on the relevant meeting forum.

One question: What relationship is there between you and Nathalie Langlois?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    One question: What relationship is there between you and Nathalie Langlois?
    None! This person is totally unknown to me. I have never worked or attended school with this person. No volunteer of this name is known in over 5 non-profit boards of directors on which I have served.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I have posted your candidacy on the relevant meeting forum.
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast