Thread: 8B. Provincial Life Membership Fees - Ilia Bluvshtein

Threaded View

Default 8B. Provincial Life Membership Fees - Ilia Bluvshtein

This section is reserved for a policy discussion requested by Ontario Chess Association President Ilia Bluvshtein.

He has asked me to kick off this discussion with the following:

Life membership fees do not include a provincial portion. This approach contradicts to the fees for other membership categories that all have the provincial portion.

I would suggest establishing the provincial portion for Life membership fees. The provincial portion can be 20% of the corresponding CFC fees. This would be in line with the OCA Constitution that streamlines provincial fees as 20% of CFC fees for all membership categories.

Option 1 would be just to add 20% provincial Life membership fee to the existing CFC Life membership fees. This will result in the increase of total Life membership fees by 20%. Option 2 would be to keep current Life membership fees and allocate a portion to province. Say, if current Life membership fee = A, then new CFC Life membership = A/1.2 and the provincial Life membership = 0.2A/1.2; the total Life membership = A/1.2+0.2A/1.2 = A, which is the same as now.

Life membership fees go to Chess Foundation and somewhat disappear for current CFC members. I would think the provincial portion of Life membership needs to be returned to provinces to make use of it.

Ilia Bluvshtein
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 05-03-2015 at 10:45 AM.