Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

14 66.67%
  • NO

7 33.33%
  • ABSTAIN

0 0%

Thread: 10A. "The Voting Booth" Motion 7A " Olympiad Selection Regulations Player activity"

Blog Entries

Default 10A. "The Voting Booth" Motion 7A " Olympiad Selection Regulations Player activity"

10. Voting Booth (Voting Times are: Wednesday, February 4th (9:00pm ET) - Saturday, Feb 7th (9:00pm ET)
    10A. Voting on motion 7A
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 02-05-2015 at 01:50 AM.

I'll be out of the country with limited internet access. Can I vote today prior to 10:00 p.m. AST?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    I'll be out of the country with limited internet access. Can I vote today prior to 10:00 p.m. AST?
    In such cases we usually provide the option of emailing your vote to Lyle Craver, the secretary. I would suggest that we do this in your case.

Thanks, Vlad. I just sent Lyle my vote.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Craft View Post
    Thanks, Vlad. I just sent Lyle my vote.
    We'll probably move this conversation to the questions about meeting procedures unless we start multiple new threads for the voting.

Default 10A. "The Voting Booth" Motion 7A " Olympiad Selection Regulations Player activity"

Fellow Voting Members - here are the proposed new changes to paragraph 906, item (iii)

7. Motions
    7A. Motion 1 Olympiad Selection Regulations Player activity rules
    906. Selection of the players
    Old Rule
    iii) Have played at least 10 regular CFC rated or FIDE rated games during the year prior to the start of the selection process (which begins 180 days before the start of the Olympiad).

New Rule
    iii) Have played at least 20 regular CFC rated or FQE rated or FIDE rated games or USCF rated games during the year prior to the start of the selection process (which begins 180 days before the start of the Olympiad) and 40 regular CFC, FQE, FIDE or USCF rated games during the two years prior to the start of the selection process.

Please vote YES, NO or ABSTAIN.
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 02-05-2015 at 12:53 AM.