I think both locations have their pros and cons.

The biggest problem for Le Chantecler is the accessibility of the location. It's not too hard for Montrealers to get there, if they have a car (which is definitely not the case of all chess players). However, for all the Canadians coming by bus, train or plane, it is really hard to get there.
Also, I think what a lot of people didn't like is the 9 rounds in 5 days. I personally don't mind, as it means less hotel costs, but I'm also much younger than the typical chess player...

Honestly, I like being in the center of a town for a chess tournament, and I think people enjoyed it for Montreal's CO and CYCC. Le Chantecler looks like a nice resort, but 5 or 6 days may be a bit too much.
On the other hand, Quebec City is further from Montreal, and would most likely attract fewer players from here. So, the 200 players goal might be really hard to reach.

In any case, I think both could be great tournaments, but I'm not sure if they could break even, especially because of the "competition" with the Quebec Open, which offers great conditions, but has a huge deficit.
That said, if I could get vacations I would try to play in the tournament, no matter the location.