Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 07A Motion 1: Olympiad Selection Regulations Player activity rules

FQE rated games are played under conditions equivalent to CFC rated games, and take place in Canada. If anything, FQE ratings are slightly lower than CFC ratings and more consistent with FIDE ratings. To ignore these games as counting for activity would be simply ludicrous. Might as well ignore the FIDE games while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    To ignore these games as counting for activity would be simply ludicrous. Might as well ignore the FIDE games while you're at it.
    The Olympiad is a FIDE product, the CFC is a part of the FIDE. The CFC did not use FQE rated games for decades. The CFC and FQE relationship are a contract base. I don't see a point to place this kind of the option in the Handbook.

There was an argument that the major USCF events are FIDE rated. The same can be said about Quebec FIDE rated events + they are CFC rated too per the same contract.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    The Olympiad is a FIDE product, the CFC is a part of the FIDE. The CFC did not use FQE rated games for decades. The CFC and FQE relationship are a contract base. I don't see a point to place this kind of the option in the Handbook.

There was an argument that the major USCF events are FIDE rated. The same can be said about Quebec FIDE rated events + they are CFC rated too per the same contract.
    I think most of the voting members are interested in seeing the cooperation between the CFC and FQE continue and expand where possible. Counting FQE games in the activity numbers for purposes of Olympiad eligibility is consistent with the spirit of the agreement. I don't see any downside in this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234