Thread: Active blogs

Blog Entries

Default Active blogs

For those who may not have noticed, Kevin Pacey and I have gotten active on our blogs. Click on Blogs up near the top!
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Blog Entries

And on a related note if anyone else is interested in taking advantage of the blogging feature, I'd be happy to help you get started.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Ottawa Ontario National Master Former Gov.
    Blog Entries

I've added a couple more entries to my CFC Discussion Board blog recently, after not visiting this site for many months.

The various blog categories for my blog's entries range from chess issues, advice, games and variants, to subjects unrelated to chess (the discussion of the latter seems to be rather lacking on this chess message board's forums, otherwise, which may or may not still entertain the bulk of their visitors sufficiently to keep them returning often).
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Blog Entries

I've checked my blog entry on chess styles, which had been posted a little over 2.75 years ago, and I was surprised to see how many views there had been of it (almost 73,500 to date, or [for this website, and for a chess-related topic] an astonishing average of over 70 per day[!]); it's blown right by my previously easily most viewed blog entry, on my hypothetical political platform, which was posted about 4.5 years ago (having a little over 65,900 views to date, for a fast-paced average of around 40 per day). Perhaps my suggestions on what might be played to match one's perceived style classification are among the key ingredients for its viewing popularity:

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/en...f-chess-styles

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/en...tical-platform
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; 08-13-2018 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Adding content
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Do you know how many viewers are humans, and how many are "web crawlers" and other such robotic searchers?

Blog Entries

No, although the sheer quantity of views for certain blog entries may suggest that there must be a considerable number of human viewers for these alone.