Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
We can have a discussion on the soon to be renamed governors forum. If you get the motion in about four weeks before the next meeting we will put it on the agenda though perhaps by then we will have lots of things to vote on.

I have a situation of someone who is newly arrived in the country with two kids that play chess and has become a permanent resident but doesn't have the $500 to enter the two kids in the CYCC. Any support for waiving the CFC portion of the CYCC fee for these two kids? We are not really set up for these last minute situations. There are lots of poor kids out there who can't afford to play in CYCC. The person lives in Montreal I believe and has no job and is living on his savings with no idea how long they need to last.

If I were to exercise dictatorial powers I would probably let them play at a reduced cost since technically the marginal cost to the CFC of such a decision will be negligible. Any feedback on this idea?
Vlad. I would be willing to match a % deduction equal to what the organizers do. If they reduce their share 50% - likewise, 100% - likewise. In any event they would not be eligible for the WYCC if they just moved here.