Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Barron

11 36.67%
  • Frank Lee

19 63.33%

Thread: 7C. "The Voting Booth": Election of CFC Youth Coordinator

Default 7C. "The Voting Booth": Election of CFC Youth Coordinator

Michael Barron and Frank Lee are nominated.

I respectfully decline my vote.

Despite having most of the Junior Members of the RA Chess Club attending the CYCC, I have had little involvement with the CFC youth coordinator business, so I have little dealings with both men. I can only judge them mainly by what they post.

In Frank's case it's little to nothing, and I do not understand why he is not answering questions posed to him. Instead Vlad has to answer, and if nothing else, it diverts Vlad's attention away from other duties. I expect each member of the executive to respond to the members.

On the other hand, Michael's posts are antagonistic, and I believe that they do little but criticize rather than help. I am also not impressed how as OCA President he dropped the ball on the Ontario Open.

So I vote for neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    On the other hand, Michael's posts are antagonistic, and I believe that they do little but criticize rather than help.
    Garland, I apologize, if you see my posts as antagonistic - it was not intended.
    As you suggested, I provided only facts - what could be done better.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    I am also not impressed how as OCA President he dropped the ball on the Ontario Open.
    Sorry, but you're probably ill informed. I never was an OCA President.
    After all, the Ontario Open was organized - unlike Canadian Junior.
    Please don't see this remark as antagonistic - I really believe that Canadian Junior should be organized every year, and it's responsibility of Youth Coordinator.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Correction: GTCL President

Blog Entries

Personally I would like to see Frank participate actively on this forum and seek advice from more people across the country. I am not sure why the governors felt Frank is a better choice than Michael. Talking from experience since 2008 this past year seemed like nothing got done because of the total silence instead of communication on the junior front.

This is another opportunity given to Frank to improve the communication he should maintain as part of his portfolio as CFC Youth Coordinator!
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

Default Abstain

I will not vote for either but there is no abstain option. I was disappointed when Frank did not respond to three e-mails from me concerning certificates for the YCC's. I wished him to be more present in the youth coordinator position and to better communicate. Michael has shown in the past that he has the energy to push Youth chess forward but I consider his approach to teamwork needs work.