Thread: 1A. Report on nominations and elections

Default 1A. Report on nominations and elections

1. No nominations have been received for Voting Members from non-Affiliated Provinces or Territories.

2. No additional nominations have been received from Quebec and therefore Messrs.Richard Bérubé, Felix Dumont and Bernard Labadie are acclaimed as CFC Voting Members.

3. Nominations for President: Vladimir Drkulec and Sasha Starr are nominated. See thread 7A "The Voting Booth" President to vote

4. Nominations for Vice-President: Ken Craft and Nikolai Noritsyn are nominated. See thread 7B "The Voting Booth" Vice-President to vote

5. Nominations for Secretary: Lyle Craver is acclaimed as Secretary

6. Nominations for Treasurer: Fred McKim is acclaimed as Treasurer

7. Nominations for Youth Coordinator: Michael Barron and Frank Lee are nominated. See thread 7C "The Voting Booth" Junior Coordinator to vote

8. Nominations for FIDE Representative: Hal Bond is acclaimed as FIDE Representative

9. Nominations for 7th Board position: Mark Dutton is acclaimed.

10. Nominations for Ratings Auditor: Paul Leblanc is acclaimed.

11. Chess Foundation of Canada Trustees: Hugh Brodie is acclaimed for a 4 year term, Garland Best is acclaimed for a 1 year term

12. Kalev Pugi Fund Committee: Lyle Craver, Valer Demian and Patrick Macdonald are acclaimed for 2014-15

13. National Appeals Committee: Ilia Bluvshtein, Lyle Craver, Mark Dutton, Chris Mallon and Aris Marghetis are acclaimed for 2014-15

---------------------
    14. Womens Coordinator: Lisa Orlova has been ruled ineligible to stand for a position as a CFC Officer as she is not a current CFC member nor has been for several months.

15. No nominations were received for the Offices of Publicity Officer, Fund Raising Officer or Tournament Coordinator

Congratulations to those acclaimed - I hope you all do well in your new duties. To candidates facing elections - good luck and now the Voting Members decide.

Special Notice: (1) although you do not need to be a CFC Governor / Voting Member to view the meeting you do have to be a Governor / Voting Member to vote in elections for the Officers and Executive of the CFC
    (2) Voting Booths will be opening shortly, voting closes 1800 ET Friday July 11th

Lyle, I would like to officially voice my protest against Mr. Dutton being on the Board.
    Please register it in the Minutes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Lyle, I would like to officially voice my protest against Mr. Dutton being on the Board.
    Please register it in the Minutes.
    You just did.

WHY WAS VOTING CLOSED EARLY?
    I came on line at 22:45 and all three executive voting boths were closed.
    They were supposed to be open until 23:00.
    I am sorry, but this is symptomatic of the SLOPPY way the CFC is run.
    Christopher Field,
    Voting Member (Ontario - GTCL)

I'm not sure where you get the idea that 2300 ET was the poll closing time - both the agenda and the thread said clearly in large red lettering:

(nominations close at 6pm ET July 8 - day 3, elections continue through 6pm ET July 11 - day 6)

One thing we certainly don't do is change times during a vote.

In previous quarterly meetings we did a have slip-up where votes were closed at the time specified in the Handbook but we had made a mistake on the time we quoted on the Agenda. In other words the notice was wrong, the time closed was correct. In that situation we included votes from anybody we heard from after the fact. This is absolutely not the situation here - polls were closed more or less exactly as specified by the Handbook at the time advertised in the Agenda.

We will be doing the same on closure of the polls in the Outgoing meeting later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Field View Post
    WHY WAS VOTING CLOSED EARLY?
    I came on line at 22:45 and all three executive voting boths were closed.
    They were supposed to be open until 23:00.
    I am sorry, but this is symptomatic of the SLOPPY way the CFC is run.
    Christopher Field,
    Voting Member (Ontario - GTCL)
    How do you miss voting when it lasts for 3 days and you're supposed to be a governor representing your region in the biggest meeting of the year?