Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10B. New Business - For Discussion Only - Conversion of Ratings between Rating System

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    This issue was brought forward to me by John Coleman who observed that many of the juniors in the Windsor area play more USCF games than CFC games and because they are improving rapidly, their CFC rating is significantly lower than their USCF rating.
    Time for Windsor people stop steeling US of their rating points In principle local CFC rated tournaments should match kids growth with a bonus formula.

A radical solution is to get rid of the CFC rating and switch to FIDE charging appropriate fees or establishing a joint rating system with the USCF splitting fees.
    .*-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Time for Windsor people stop steeling US of their rating points In principle local CFC rated tournaments should match kids growth with a bonus formula.

A radical solution is to get rid of the CFC rating and switch to FIDE charging appropriate fees or establishing a joint rating system with the USCF splitting fees.
    I doubt that there is much support for a FIDE only system. The USCF is open to such ideas based on my discussions with President Ruth Haring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    I doubt that there is much support for a FIDE only system. The USCF is open to such ideas based on my discussions with President Ruth Haring.
    I'm wondering if she'll ever take your call after the KI ENDORSEMENT by CFC.

Blog Entries

http://www.chess.ca/crosstable?tourn...012&key=140708

At the recent Guelph Pro Am two Windsor players played in the under 1600 section. Henry Zhang aged 10 or so finished first (USCF 1766, CFC 1436 at the beginning of the tournament). Max Zhu aged 8 (USCF 1487, CFC 1077) finished in a tie for fourth losing only to Henry. Max gained 200 points. Henry gained 82 points. I expect both of these players to gain some points at every CFC tournament they play in that isn't all Windsor players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    I'm wondering if she'll ever take your call after the KI ENDORSEMENT by CFC.
    We have exchanged Skype instant messages since and as recently as a few days ago. Unlike you she is interested in more than just the FIDE election. Do you have to insert it in every thread?

We have exchanged Skype instant messages since and as recently as a few days ago. Unlike you she is interested in more than just the FIDE election. Do you have to insert it in every thread?
    Look, I think you still don't understand how the CFC's endorsement hurts CFC, and until you are the President the damage can't be undone.

Given your previous statements that's clearly a typo (!) and all too typical of the sort of rancor we've seen in this AGM so far!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Look, I think you still don't understand how the CFC's endorsement hurts CFC, and until you are the President the damage can't be undone.
    I'll do my best. Wait I already am president for at least a few more days.

I disagree with Part 1, it sounds too much like buying rating points for money. I don't think players would find this fair.
    Part 2 is a very interesting concept I am not sure if its necessary to start over though, perhaps making the present rating provisional for ~20 games would suffice. This system exists on a few internet chess sites.

I'll do my best. Wait I already am president for at least a few more days.
    You could have done better, had a real sponsorship from a proven Patron of Canadian Chess, CFC and our kids could have tremendous benefit from the Kasparov Chess Foundation. And now unless Voting Members will do the right thing and I'll be able to repair the damage quickly we'll have continuous stagnation and no future whatsoever plus a huge disappointment when you'll realize that the promised $80,000.00 will never ever materialize, CFC is not the first, and not the last one! You have no skills to promote chess and raise money. Let the voters to do the job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast