Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 4.6A Nomination for General/7th Director Position (formerly Past-President

Quote Originally Posted by Fred McKim View Post
    The 2nd Committee consisted of Vlad Drkulec, Frank Lee, and Pierre Denommee. None of the 1st Committee, offered their services twice.

The next step, I think is rewriting the by-laws to be compliant. There will probably be new group involved in that. Already, VP candidate, Ken Craft, has volunteered.
    Thank you, Fred, and I appreciate offer from Mr. Craft. If I'll get elected I'll get my lawyer to fix it in no time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    Thank you, Fred, and I appreciate offer from Mr. Craft. If I'll get elected I'll get my lawyer to fix it in no time.
    Thanks for the offer, perhaps we should bring this up under New Business, although different directions will be taken depending on the result of the election.

I believe the Governors asked for the new NFP Committee to keep things AS CLOSE as possible to the way they were. Remember this ?
    Please explain why the Governors asked to keep things AS CLOSE as possible? Where is it documented?

Blog Entries

Please explain why the Governors asked to keep things AS CLOSE as possible? Where is it documented?
    You weren't a governor so you wouldn't remember. That was the consensus of the dissenting Governors when the 1st Committee tabled it's report (I was part of that Committee).

If anybody wants to look it up, they can go into the archives and check it out. I'm not the Chairman or Moderator of the meeting - I was just trying to be informative.

Thanks for the offer, perhaps we should bring this up under New Business, although different directions will be taken depending on the result of the election.
    Agree. However regardless the outcome of the election CFC will never be the same anymore. I'd like to understand something: In the last year the Membership was going down, the CFC's site is ... you know what! No Canadian Closed tournaments neither Men's or Women's. $1,000.00 in sponsor's funds! Get real! My grandson is playing hockey and is getting way more sponsorship money!
    However, lets take a look:

The purpose(s) of the corporation is:

5. TO protect and foster the interests of Canadian Chess players, as far as possible, in the field of national and international chess competition;
    WHERE ARE THE CANADIAN MEN'S AND WOMEN'S CLOSE TOURNAMENTS?

6. TO encourage with all means within its power, and at its discretion, the publication of a medium from which chess players may learn of the progress of chess in Canada, and which will be the official organ of the Federation for the publication of its decisions;
    WHERE IS A DECENT CFC'S WEBSITE?

7. TO raise funds in such a manner and to such an extent as it may deem necessary or desirable, to enable it to carry out its objectives;
    WHAT IS IN YOUR OPINION NECESSARY OR DESIRABLE? $1,000.00?

8. TO expend any funds in its possession or under its control, in any manner or degree, in its entire discretion, for the furtherance of the general objectives of the Federation;
    WHAT IS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE FEDERATION?

Look, right now at this juncture, you have capacity to help the future of our kids to have a strong and vibrant chess organization, which will in fact promote chess, raise substantial funds and become cleansed from all the rubbish, such as unwarranted endorsement of the FIDE incumbent, chasing away the biggest patron of Canadian chess, depriving CFC of close collaboration with the Kasparov Chess Foundation. LETS GET OUT OF THE MESS!

You weren't a governor so you wouldn't remember. That was the consensus of the dissenting Governors when the 1st Committee tabled it's report (I was part of that Committee).

If anybody wants to look it up, they can go into the archives and check it out. I'm not the Chairman or Moderator of the meeting - I was just trying to be informative.
    Thank you for explanation, Fred!

I intend to spend time establishing new by-laws as well.

Blog Entries

Agree. However regardless the outcome of the election CFC will never be the same anymore. I'd like to understand something: In the last year the Membership was going down, the CFC's site is ... you know what! No Canadian Closed tournaments neither Men's or Women's. $1,000.00 in sponsor's funds! Get real! My grandson is playing hockey and is getting way more sponsorship money!
    However, lets take a look:

The purpose(s) of the corporation is:

5. TO protect and foster the interests of Canadian Chess players, as far as possible, in the field of national and international chess competition;

6. TO encourage with all means within its power, and at its discretion, the publication of a medium from which chess players may learn of the progress of chess in Canada, and which will be the official organ of the Federation for the publication of its decisions;
    WHERE IS A DECENT CFC'S WEBSITE?

7. TO raise funds in such a manner and to such an extent as it may deem necessary or desirable, to enable it to carry out its objectives;
    WHAT IS IN YOUR OPINION NECESSARY OR DESIRABLE? $1,000.00?

8. TO expend any funds in its possession or under its control, in any manner or degree, in its entire discretion, for the furtherance of the general objectives of the Federation;
    WHAT IS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE FEDERATION?

Look, right now at this juncture, you have capacity to help the future of our kids to have a strong and vibrant chess organization, which will in fact promote chess, raise substantial funds and become cleansed from all the rubbish, such as unwarranted endorsement of the FIDE incumbent, chasing away the biggest patron of Canadian chess, depriving CFC of close collaboration with the Kasparov Chess Foundation. LETS GET OUT OF THE MESS!
    This is clearly way off topic. If you are asking ME these questions, feel free to repost them in the Nomination for Treasurer thread.

Without financial commitment from the CFC, it would be surprising to see an organizer step up and offer decent conditions. When I organized both zonals in 2012, I had to find close to $5000 in sponsorship, which is quite time consuming (although I was not alone)... And even with that, the event was by no means incredible. Obviously, the CFC did not help in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Félix Dumont View Post
    Without financial commitment from the CFC, it would be surprising to see an organizer step up and offer decent conditions. When I organized both zonals in 2012, I had to find close to $5000 in sponsorship, which is quite time consuming (although I was not alone)... And even with that, the event was by no means incredible. Obviously, the CFC did not help in any way.
    Felix, my point is that there must be a professional organization with people responsible for fundraising, tournament directors/organizers, and it has to be well coordinated and orchestrated effort. If I'll be elected CFC will had a special fund for the Closed National Championships with corporate sponsors and advertisers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast