Thread: 6.4 Nominations: National Appeals Committee

Hybrid View

Default 6.4 Nominations: National Appeals Committee

This is a committee of 5 members (the chair is chosen by the members) who hear appeals from the decision of a tournament director or local appeals committee. Business is normally done where and as needed and is governed by Section 12 of the CFC Handbook. Most members are International Arbiters or National Tournament Directors but the only requirement is that these people be 'experienced tournament directors'.

The members of this committee for 2012-2013 were:
    2012-2013 National Appeals Comittee:
    Ilia Bluvshtein PhD, P.Eng. Senior Measurement Advisor, Union Gas.
    Lyle Craver International Arbiter.
    Mark S. Dutton Chair - CFC President. International Arbiter, International Organizer.
    Christopher Mallon FIDE Arbiter. CFC President: 2005-2006
    Aris Marghetis International Arbiter, International Organizer. President, Eastern Ontario Chess Association.

The members of this committee for 2013-14 were:
    Ilia Bluvshtein PhD, P.Eng. Senior Measurement Advisor, Union Gas.
    Lyle Craver International Arbiter
    Mark S. Dutton Chair - former CFC President. International Arbiter, International Organizer.
    Aris Marghetis International Arbiter, International Organizer. President, Eastern Ontario Chess Association.
    Simon Ong FIDE Arbiter, International Organizer. CFC Vice-President: 2013-14

Nominations for this committee are now open

I wish to nominate Ilia Bluvshtein for National Appeals Committee.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

I've not seen other nominees so will nominate the remaining incumbents of the 2013-2014 NAC - e.g. myself, Dutton, Marghetis. Since Simon Ong's membership is currently expired I will nominate Chris Mallon in his stead.

In a way the lack of action of the National Appeals Committee is a good thing since any year this is a busy CFC committee is bad news!
    Last edited by Lyle Craver; 07-08-2014 at 11:15 AM.