Thread: 4M. Treasurer's Report

Blog Entries

Default 4M. Treasurer's Report

Just back from vacation. Will be posting Financials here later today.

Blog Entries

Good day. It’s been my pleasure to serve as CFC Treasurer for the twelve months ending, April 30, 2014. As most of you know we started three new contracts on May 1, 2014 - some have worked out marvellously well, one that had hiccups is now being remedied.

My primary job function, as Treasurer, is likely to monitor financial activites to ensure that we are going to come close to our budgetary targets. In fact we had a banner year financially, primarily due to savings from the new Executive Director contract and the book and equipment contract. Full details are available on the Financials thread.

As a member of the Executive there are many more opportunities for involvement. I have been able to back off involvement with the Newsletter file, as our new editor is working very independently. With two new Executive coming on last year, I was able to assist Vlad and Frank with some general work on the 2013 WYCC. The web site is an ongoing evolution, and with a new Executive Director, have promised to assist again in helping on some of the updating.

Again, it’s been a pleasure serving and am willing to continue in this role for 2014/2015.

Fred McKim
    CFC Treasurer 2013/14