Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.2 Tournament and Rating Regulations (Leblanc / Armstrong)

Voting on this motion is now underway under item # 6.2 "The Voting Booth"

Voting continues till 1800 ET Saturday July 12 (day 7)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Craver View Post
    433. Report. Rating reports should include the name and CFC number of all players
    Comment - That is too strict as new members registered at tournament have no CFC numbers.

Not very related - the members database used with the Swiss-manager have many players twice.
    .*-1

This isn't a proposal to CHANGE the way the CFC deals with forfeits. The intent of the current rule is to rate those games, it's just that the handbook is not entirely clear. The owner of SwissSys, Thad Suits, has confirmed to me that the CFC version of SwissSyss will rate games entered as forfeits.
    This amendment came about as a result of a TD looking for the policy and informing me that the handbook was a bit ambiguous.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer, Chess Foundation of Canada
    CFC Voting Member

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
    This isn't a proposal to CHANGE the way the CFC deals with forfeits. The intent of the current rule is to rate those games, it's just that the handbook is not entirely clear. The owner of SwissSys, Thad Suits, has confirmed to me that the CFC version of SwissSyss will rate games entered as forfeits.
    This amendment came about as a result of a TD looking for the policy and informing me that the handbook was a bit ambiguous.
    I'm aware of that, but it seemed as good a time as any to have the discussion about whether that should be the case or not.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I'm aware of that, but it seemed as good a time as any to have the discussion about whether that should be the case or not.
    Hi Chris & Paul:

I think the process of clearing up the ambiguity, and making it clear that forfeited games are rated in Canada is the first step. Then those who want to change it know the exact wording they need to amend it.

Then a discussion can be held on the validity of the current policy, initiated by those who want it changed. They'll then see if there is any support for any change.

Bob A (Motion Seconder)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12