Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.5 Nomination of Candidates for Youth Coordinator

Default 4.5 Nomination of Candidates for Youth Coordinator

Nominations for the Office of Youth Coordinator are now open

I wish to nominate Felix Dumont. I believe he's actively working for the future of Quebec and Canadian chess and would be well suited to the task.
    Last edited by Michael Barron; 07-06-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    I wish to nominate Felix Dumont. I believe he's actively working for the future of Quebec and Canadian chess and would be well suited to the task.
    I'll second the nomination

I thank you both for nominating me, but I unfortunately have to decline.
    This is a very time consuming position and I will not have much time in the coming year. Furthermore, I feel like replacing the current youth coordinator (Frank Lee) a few weeks before the deadline for the WYCC would be a bad idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Félix Dumont View Post
    I thank you both for nominating me, but I unfortunately have to decline.
    This is a very time consuming position and I will not have much time in the coming year. Furthermore, I feel like replacing the current youth coordinator (Frank Lee) a few weeks before the deadline for the WYCC would be a bad idea.
    Thank you Felix.

I nominate Frank Lee for youth coordinator.

I nominate Michael Barron for youth coordinator. He has held this position before, and has experience organizing youth tournaments, such as the Canadian Junior. I believe he could be a great asset as youth coordinator.

Blog Entries

Michael Barron was a disaster as a member of the executive and as youth coordinator. Careful what you wish for. You might get it.

In order to vote accurately in the coming election I wish to know more about why the parties involved are unhappy with the others and what they would do differently. WIth respect to past performances I would appreciate the discussions limited to actual actions and events.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    In order to vote accurately in the coming election I wish to know more about why the parties involved are unhappy with the others and what they would do differently. WIth respect to past performances I would appreciate the discussions limited to actual actions and events.
    The people who were previously involved in the youth committee with Michael Barron all refuse to participate unless there is some assurance that he cannot participate again because he used to attack people for any perceived opposition in the youth committee on chesstalk.

Then there was the situation with Jiaxin Liu where a very talented girl became a pawn in his struggle to show who was boss.

As an executive he was cut out of the conference call at a meeting of the executive because he was being so disruptive and they wanted to actually get some work done.

At the Windsor CYCC from 2010 John Coleman jokingly told me he was alternatively driven to suicide and homicide by the actions of Michael Barron. His solution to anything is to ask someone else to do it for him. In the case of the Ontario Open it was Bryan Lamb who saved his bacon at the last minute when he dropped the ball on organizing the tournament until it was almost too late. Putting this master of organization in charge less than two weeks before the end of CYCC and the extended deadline for registration for WYCC would not be prudent in my opinion.
    Last edited by Vladimir Drkulec; 07-07-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Question: Given that the CYCC and the WYCC seem to form the climax of the Youth Coordinator's duties, can the the time of the transfer be shifted to coincide with the conclusion of the WYCC?

Otherwise, every year we will say that we cannot change things now, as it is too close to the CYCC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast