Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.2 Nomination of Candidates for Vice-President

Blog Entries

Ken will not be online until Tuesday and will announce then.

If Tuesday it's important that it be before 1600 ET since that is the close of nominations and the beginning of voting

Blog Entries

Same here: is there anywhere information on what the candidates stand for? Example: while I have no doubt about Nikolay's chess knowledge, the position he applies for requires more than just that. I would like to know what qualifies him for it before making up my mind.
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

I am pleased to accept the nomination. I served as VP in 2001-2. The position of VP is one of the most undefined and the most important. The VP must be prepared to assist the President on any areas delegated to him/her. Now that we have met the NFP conditions, I believe one area that I can be of asistance is in shepherding the process of converting our previous handbook resolutions into a new suitable format. We need to decide what meets our new reality. During my 5 years in student politics, I spent a considerable amount of time working on bylaws and policies and would be pleased to bring this skill to position of VP. I first served as a Governor about 30 years ago and have been a governor for most of the last 20. I have been an advocate of executive transparency with Governors and would continue to advocate for this as VP. I have criticized the executive when I felt they deserved criticism and I have praised them when I believed they deserved praisde. It would be a privilege to serve as your Vice-President in 2014-5.

Blog Entries

Ken. I'm sure you'll make a great VP. There is still work to do on the by-laws, and Vlad's time needs to be put to other uses (IMHO).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12