Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.2 Nomination of Candidates for Vice-President

Hybrid View

Default 4.2 Nomination of Candidates for Vice-President

Nominations for the Office of Vice-President are now open

I wish to nominate Ken Craft. He has been a longstanding member and active participant in the Governing process. I believe he would be well suited to the task.

I second the nomination.

Blog Entries

Same here: is there anywhere information on what the candidates stand for? Example: while I have no doubt about Nikolay's chess knowledge, the position he applies for requires more than just that. I would like to know what qualifies him for it before making up my mind.
    Valer Eugen Demian
    FIDE CM & Instructor, ICCF IM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ches...593013634?mt=8

I am pleased to accept the nomination. I served as VP in 2001-2. The position of VP is one of the most undefined and the most important. The VP must be prepared to assist the President on any areas delegated to him/her. Now that we have met the NFP conditions, I believe one area that I can be of asistance is in shepherding the process of converting our previous handbook resolutions into a new suitable format. We need to decide what meets our new reality. During my 5 years in student politics, I spent a considerable amount of time working on bylaws and policies and would be pleased to bring this skill to position of VP. I first served as a Governor about 30 years ago and have been a governor for most of the last 20. I have been an advocate of executive transparency with Governors and would continue to advocate for this as VP. I have criticized the executive when I felt they deserved criticism and I have praised them when I believed they deserved praisde. It would be a privilege to serve as your Vice-President in 2014-5.

Blog Entries

Ken. I'm sure you'll make a great VP. There is still work to do on the by-laws, and Vlad's time needs to be put to other uses (IMHO).

I wish to nominate Nikolay Noritsyn. He is an IM who represented Canada at several Olympiads and active chess coach of several promising juniors, including World Champion Harmony Zhu. I believe he's working for the future of Canadian chess and would be well suited to the task.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Barron View Post
    I wish to nominate Nikolay Noritsyn. He is an IM who represented Canada at several Olympiads and active chess coach of several promising juniors, including World Champion Harmony Zhu. I believe he's working for the future of Canadian chess and would be well suited to the task.
    I'll second the nomination.

Point of order: nominations for positions don't require seconders

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast