Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1. Agenda and Opening Comments by the Chair

So far only 23 governors have signed in, which is quite disappointing.

We should list all of the incoming governors and note who has or has not signed in. Perhaps then people may recognize the value of whom they are selecting for governor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Garland Best View Post
    So far only 23 governors have signed in, which is quite disappointing.

We should list all of the incoming governors and note who has or has not signed in. Perhaps then people may recognize the value of whom they are selecting for governor.
    I think that the problem may be that some of them became voting members without realizing it.

I think that you will find those that only have time to pay attention on weekends, and will sign on Saturday or Sunday to learn that the meeting is over.

Hi! I'll be renewing my account today.
    I hope this did not make a differ in the elections.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yelizaveta Orlova View Post
    Hi! I'll be renewing my account today.
    I hope this did not make a differ in the elections.
    If you want the Women's Coordinator job its yours. Have you talked to Mr. Ethan Lou yet?

We've been contacted by a journalist who doesn't want to talk about FIDE on the subject of women's chess.

"Part 3 - Bids for Events

9. Bids for 2014/2015 Events

9A 2015 Canadian Open

9B 2015 CYCC
    Windsor bid

9C Any other Bids/Business:
    - 9C1 Next Canadian Junior
    - 9C2 Next Canadian Women's Closed"

When will this part start?
    .*-1

One thing I waited too late to put under new business was my desire to have regulations that would put far more onus on provincial federations in reporting their Governor / VM nominations for the following year.

You are elected from AGM to AGM and an important part of your role is passing the torch when the time comes as it does for all of us. In Ontario this notification role is done by the OCA president, in BC by the BCCF secretary and both have done a good job of reporting for years. However during my time as Secretary during the last month before the AGM a big part of my job is sending e-mails to Governors and their provincial affiliates seeking their lists for the following year.

My attitude is that the CFC collects dues for the provinces and sends them on but doesn't expect all that much in return - but I think the CFC should fairly be able to expect THAT. I regularly have to write back because one or more names are ineligible mostly due to expired memberships.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    "Part 3 - Bids for Events

9. Bids for 2014/2015 Events

9A 2015 Canadian Open

9B 2015 CYCC
    Windsor bid

9C Any other Bids/Business:
    - 9C1 Next Canadian Junior
    - 9C2 Next Canadian Women's Closed"

When will this part start?
    Today most likely. I have a bid for the Windsor CYCC. Still some clarifications going on.

My apologies - threads 9A, 9B, 9C have been created and remain open for the duration of the meeting. You should see them at the top of the thread list as I have made them "stickies"

I had mistakenly thought I had already opened these and I apologize for the oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    If you want the Women's Coordinator job its yours. Have you talked to Mr. Ethan Lou yet?

We've been contacted by a journalist who doesn't want to talk about FIDE on the subject of women's chess.
    Vlad,

Yes! Ethan has contacted me and we will be doing an interview this Friday!

Thank you, I'd really like to be the Women's Coordinator again - I'd like to talk about expanding what this position does. Will that be possible? If I write up some possibilities.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast