Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Agenda for CFC voting members online AGM meetings July 6th-13th, 2014

Those who disagree with this decision should be running for office at the AGM.

By the way, who is running for office in 2014?

Executive Report: Vice-President

Dear Chess Federation of Canada Executives, Governors, and Chess Members:

Thank you all for giving me the chance to sit on the Chess Federation of Canada (CFC) executive board!

I have to say the number one reason why CFC is so successful this year is due to hard work of our executive board members (President Vlad Drkulec, Secretary Lyle Craver, Treasurer Fred, FIDE rep. Hal Bond, and Youth Coordinator Frank Lee), as well as all of our provincial governors in taking their time and effort in going on to the discussion board to give their opinion and suggestions.

Moreover, I want to say thank you to all of our valuable chess members (both annual and life members) for continuing to support our national chess federation. It would be great to increase our members for the next couple of years, and strongly encouraged our chess members to get their friends to be part of our chess family. We, as a non-profit organization, will continue to promote the game we all enjoyed to the rest of Canada. And, will continue to serve our members the best we can (you may provide your opinion and suggestion to your provincial governors always!). Our ears are open to new ideas and suggestions!

I want to say thank you to the executive board members for keeping me in the loop of discussion about our national chess. I will strongly encourage Vlad Drkulec to continue as our CFC president as he has done an amazing job!

Attachment 259
    Good Chess To All!
    Respectfully Submitted: Simon Ong, FA, IO, AB Governor
    July 2, 2014
    Last edited by Simon Ong; 07-03-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ong View Post
    We, as a non-profit organization, will continue to promote the game we all enjoyed to the rest of Canada. And, will continue to serve our members the best we can (you may provide your opinion and suggestion to your provincial governors always!). Our ears are open to new ideas and suggestions!
    Thank you, Simon, for your report!

Here is one suggestion from the Annual Meeting of Greater Toronto Chess League:
    "In discussion of the parents’ concerns, GTCL decided to recommend CFC to elect a Youth Committee at the AGM, and recommend Xuekun Xing, Connie Zhou, and Jane Zhong to be included in the Committee."

Could you please convince CFC Executive Board to include election of the CFC Youth Committee in the AGM Agenda?
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ong View Post
    Executive Report: Vice-President

Dear Chess Federation of Canada Executives, Governors, and Chess Members
    Thank you all for giving me the chance to sit on the Chess Federation of Canada (CFC) executive board!

I have to say the number one reason why CFC is so successful this year is due to hard work of our executive board members (President Vlad Drkulec, Secretary Lyle Craver, Treasurer Fred, FIDE rep. Hal Bond, and Youth Coordinator Frank Lee), as well as all of our provincial governors in taking their time and effort in going on to the discussion board to give their opinion and suggestions.

Moreover, I want to say thank you to all of our valuable chess members (both annual and life members) for continuing to support our national chess federation. It would be great to increase our members for the next couple of years, and strongly encouraged our chess members to get their friends to be part of our chess family. We, as a non-profit organization, will continue to promote the game we all enjoyed to the rest of Canada. And, will continue to serve our members the best we can (you may provide your opinion and suggestion to your provincial governors always!). Our ears are open to new ideas and suggestions!

I want to say thank you to the executive board members for keeping me in the loop of discussion about our national chess. I will strongly encourage Vlad Drkulec to continue as our CFC president as he has done an amazing job!

Attachment 259
    Good Chess To All!
    Respectfully Submitted: Simon Ong, FA, IO, AB Governor
    July 2, 2014
    Dear Mr. Ong, please explain your statement: "CFC is so successful this year". What makes you to believe so? It is very important issue. If majority of people do believe so, we'll have a hard time to get anywhere. One more question to you. Here is your yet another statement: "And, will continue to serve our members the best we can (you may provide your opinion and suggestion to your provincial governors always!). Our ears are open to new ideas and suggestions!" What exactly are you offering your members? Where you'll get the money to accomplish anything?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345