Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Agenda for CFC voting members online AGM meetings July 6th-13th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    http://fidexfiles.blogspot.gr/2014/0...orks-like.html READ THIS! Canada must not vote for THIS!
    Please any Governors and\or Executive Directors confirm that they've voted for the Iliumzhinov's endorsement by CFC.
    Sasha Starr.

I've heard that there was a straw vote, a discussion, etc... To avoid further embarrassment please confirm publicly that this so-called endorsement of Ilumzhinov is null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    So let me get this straight. You elected persons to a CFC committee that does not exist at this moment at a meeting of an organization which is not affiliated with the CFC some seven weeks ago without proper notification to governors or members and you wish to strike this committee in the middle of last minute preparations for WYCC oh and by the way everyone should scramble and make their own nominations to this committee that does not exist at the moment. Further this information was available to you more than seven weeks ago and you chose not to mention it until after the agenda for the AGM meeting had been set and emailed out to the voting members that I have email addresses for.
    Sorry, Vladimir, but that's not correct...

Let me clarify:
    At the Greater Toronto Chess League AGM we discussed the problems surrounded selection of official Canadian players for WYCC, and came to the conclusion that working CFC Youth Committee is necessary to make that selection right.
    We discussed as well Youth Coordinator's claim that he can't find volunteers to serve on the CFC Youth Committee.
    In response all 3 parents in question expressed their willingness to volunteer for the CFC Youth Committee, and the Meeting decided to support their nominations at the CFC AGM.

You was advised several times that the CFC Youth Committee should be appointed at the CFC AGM - just like others CFC Committees, and we all were surprised to learn that you didn't include the appointment of the CFC Youth Committee members in the AGM Agenda.
    Please correct this omission - the CFC Youth Committee has a lot work to do in the near future.

As we all know, the deadline for WYCC registration is July 17 - just a month from now.
    But we still don't know how a preparation to WYCC is going.
    Please include WYCC preparation report to the AGM Agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    My suggestion is that you have the parents in question send an email to Frank Lee the youth coordinator and myself indicating their willingness to serve on a youth committee.
    I just asked them to do that.
    Thanks,
    Michael Barron

Why should Canada's vote (or intent) be released to the whole world? At the FIDE meeting, it's a secret ballot (isn't it?), and delegates can vote anyway they want.

Please any Governors and\or Executive Directors confirm that they've voted for the Iliumzhinov's endorsement by CFC.
    Sasha Starr.
    This is an evidence of Kasparov's support by the English Chess Federation and why: http://www.englishchess.org.uk/wp-co...-statement.pdf
    I'm asking one more time: those executives who voted for Ilumzhinov's endorsement by CFC please come forward and explain how this decision benefits Canadian Chess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    Why should Canada's vote (or intent) be released to the whole world? At the FIDE meeting, it's a secret ballot (isn't it?), and delegates can vote anyway they want.
    This is an important question, waiting for an answer.

I'm wondering if Executives of CFC are being victimized by this: http://fidexfiles.blogspot.gr/2014/0...orks-like.html

Blog Entries

Here is what was published today at the www.chess-news.ru : ШФ Канады на своем заседании решила поддержать кандидатуру действующего президента ФИДЕ. Все больше стран Запада и Европы поддерживают нас! In English: Canadian Chess Federations during its meeting has decided to support the incumbent President FIDE. More and more Western and European countries are supporting us. Tweeted by Berik Balgabaiev.
    Please confirm that this information is true. If yes, when this CFC’s meeting took place, when was it announced, who has participated and voted on this meeting.
    There have been ongoing email, skype and face to face discussions between the members of the executive/directors on this issue. There were consultations with the governors which resulted in a non-binding straw poll vote with the following results:

Total of 24 votes cast by the governors:
    Endorse GK 7 votes
    Vote for but do not endorse GK 1 vote
    Abstain 4 votes
    Endorse KI 8 votes
    Vote for but do not endorse KI 4 votes.

Blog Entries

Canada has always released information about how it voted and intended to vote in the past. I am not sure why this time it should be different.

If you remove the votes of executive members the straw poll numbers were: Endorse GK- 7; vote for GK-1; Abstain-3; Endorse KI-6; Vote for KI-3.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast