Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIDE-rated blitz tournament - how to proceed?

Default FIDE-rated blitz tournament - how to proceed?

What is the process for rating a FIDE-rated blitz tournament? Has Canada ever had one?

1) Does the tournament have to be announced in advance to FIDE?
    2) Is the tournament report submitted through the CFC?
    3) What fees are involved?
    4) Is a FIDE-certified TD needed? (we have one)
    5) Any other details that we should know about?

Hugh, did you receive answers?
    .*-1

Blog Entries

I am not sure of the rules as there is nothing obvious on the FIDE site that I could find. Hopefully one of our arbiters will know the answer. I have asked Hal Bond to comment via email.

FIDE continues to rate these events free of charge. Use a FIDE licenced Arbiter and register the event at least 48 hours in advance. Submit to the CFC as with a normal tournament using Swissys or Swiss Manager.

Is CFC membership required? Are there any CFC rating fees? Would the CFC rate it too?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    Is CFC membership required? Are there any CFC rating fees? Would the CFC rate it too?
    CFC or FQE membership is required. CFC rating fees would be required ($3 for adult or mixed events, $0.50 for all junior events plus applicable taxes). It would be rated under the CFC quick ratings system. I would have to go back to the meeting where rating under the quick rating system was extended to blitz events to verify whether the regular rating fees apply as I vaguely recall that there may have been some introductory period of fiddling with the rating fees for blitz events though it is not in the handbook as of yet if my memory is correct. I believe Bob Armstrong was one of the movers of the motion and it happened before my term as president began while I was still masters rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Drkulec View Post
    CFC or FQE membership is required. CFC rating fees would be required ($3 for adult or mixed events, $0.50 for all junior events plus applicable taxes). It would be rated under the CFC quick ratings system. I would have to go back to the meeting where rating under the quick rating system was extended to blitz events to verify whether the regular rating fees apply as I vaguely recall that there may have been some introductory period of fiddling with the rating fees for blitz events though it is not in the handbook as of yet if my memory is correct. I believe Bob Armstrong was one of the movers of the motion and it happened before my term as president began while I was still masters rep.
    I'm afraid I no longer have any documents related to the "Quick Rating System", and my memory is usually horrible. But I think we chopped the rating fees in half for quick events, to try to promote more organizers organizing quick tournaments. Fred McKim worked with me on this (I think he was the Mover), and he will likely know.

Bob A

Has anyone in Canada ever organized a FIDE-rated blitz tournament?

Blog Entries

Not to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
    Has anyone in Canada ever organized a FIDE-rated blitz tournament?
    or even a CFC rated blitz tournament.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast